2011 Raptor hill decent control and service advance trac

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dunesdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my car to a complete steam carwash and the day after i started getting hill decent control fault and service advance trac on the gauge display , i Tried unplugged the third brake light but the problem is still there so i dont think its from the Third Brake Light ...Any Idea what might cause this, my truck is an import and its not under warranty so the dealer will be my last choice

Thanks,

LasGod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about the truck, but if I were to take an uneducated guess the steam probably got inside the hubs or vacuum boots; or fried a connection somewhere and that's throwing the code.
You're not going to be able to do much without a code reader to know.

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk 2

tipnring

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had this problem too on 2013 with 4400 miles ('"hill decent control fault and service advance trac") . Took it to the dealer today & they said that it was a sensor in the steering wheel. Part is on National backorder. They are going to call me when it comes in.

nohel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did it once after playing in the dunes i assumed it was a wheel speed sensor and just sprayed everything around the hubs down good. it hasan't come back.

2014Rappy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2014 Raptor Hill Descent Fault!!

I have had my new Raptor for about two weeks and it has a little over 500 miles on it and so I was driving my truck normally and all the sudden it says Service Advancetrac, Hill descent fault and then the hill descent control comes on and I can't turn it off. I found a place to park and shut off my truck and turned it back on and no codes. Should I be worried???

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I had the hill descent, advance trac and the oil errors messages all come up this afternoon. Went wheeling yesterday and then back out today. Miles from asphalt, every error code comes up and the truck shuts off. I could start it, go 50ft and then it would die. Rinse and repeat made it almost all the way back to asphalt and then the starter took a shit. Engine smelled like something was burning up. Got towed back to where a tow truck could come collect it. It's now sitting at a dealer waiting for the prognosis tomorrow. It's a '13 with 8k miles. Not real impressed with being stranded in an 8 month old truck.

2014Rappy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this is over a 3 week period. I had my truck in the shop and they reset the steering sensor and all was good for about a week, then it happend again "service advance trac and hill descent fault" so my truck is back in the shop for a second time now and they said they have to talk to ford on how to fix it, so they're keeping it for a while. And they don't have loaners so they are paying for a rental at least. I'm pretty sure they are gonna try hard this time cause PA lemon law says if you have the same problem 3 times, i can make them take it back, which i would do so.... hopefully they are on top of there game, i kinda like having one of the first 2014 SE Raptors.