2011 Raptor frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thought the reinforced frame was in the back only and on 2012 and newer? at least thats what i can remember from all the debates a decade ago
It does seem like an odd place to plate the way they did, but Ford probably had their reasons...maybe it was meant to be cathodic to save the frame? It seems placed where road salt splashing up from the front tire might eat the frame.

OP
OP
KazooG1Raptor

KazooG1Raptor

Reaction score
Thanks. I can not find anything on the frame schematic from ford.
The frame under this area seems good and solid. I may pull this rust off and take a closer look.
Or should I have a body shop look at it first.
What do you think?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thought the reinforced frame was in the back only and on 2012 and newer? at least thats what i can remember from all the debates a decade ago
It's a dual frame but in some areas, the frame is double walled and gusseted throughout the frame as well.
The little gussets you're mentioning were added later on and is only at rear where the frame bends over the front of the rear tire.
You can buy them and have them welded in or do it yourself.

They did this because back in 2011 someone ran a run without pre-running the trails.
I think it was 6 Raptors and 4 of them bent that spot in the same place.
And they all had stock rear springs!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
KazooG1Raptor

KazooG1Raptor

Reaction score
This is great. Thanks for the info. I’ll take pictures and post the results once I begin the grinding and cleaning process.