2010 6.2L horrible engine noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup. I knew when I had a bad roller replaced under warranty several years ago that this would likely come back to haunt me.
Oh damn!! Good thing is, this will last you a long time. Curious, do you know if they lift the cab off of Gen 1s to do the engine swap? Hope you are able to post pics regardless!

OP
OP
M

mattncsu

Reaction score
So apparently they can’t find a new crate engine (back ordered with no ETA). I’ve sent an email to Tasca to see if they can help but this could be a long wait.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are no new 6.2L crate engines, that ship sailed years ago.
Only remanufactured engines back to factory specs are the replacements, I forget who Ford authorizes to do that.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What about just sending your engine to a rebuilder or just order a new long block from Livernois. You could put a used engine in there, they are around

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP, you're in a prime area for engine manufacturing, there must be a few hundred engine builders near you, lol, Nascar country!

OP
OP
M

mattncsu

Reaction score
There are no new 6.2L crate engines, that ship sailed years ago.
Only remanufactured engines back to factory specs are the replacements, I forget who Ford authorizes to do that.
The super duties are still built with the 6.2L. Aren’t they the same as the ones used in the F150?

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From a hardware perspective, talking long block, having spent some time going through the shop manual and Ford OEM parts pages the only significant difference is the camshafts. There may be a couple other differences as well, from a front dress perspective, i don't know... the cams can still be had from Ford, just recently ordered a pair to get re-ground (left and right p/ns for a little over $150 each).

Marlboroman

Reaction score
Oh damn!! Good thing is, this will last you a long time. Curious, do you know if they lift the cab off of Gen 1s to do the engine swap? Hope you are able to post pics regardless!

I’m pulling mine from the front.

To the OP, 8 grand is a lot of money to be going back in stock. Maybe look around a bit. I found my donor for $1500 and it was in running order. I’m not sure what they are going for today but I’d guess not much more. Keep in mind also that craftsmanship and QC both have been at an all time low lately. Id take a factory built junkyard pullout before anything recently re-manned on a mass scale. If you want to spend 8 grand or little more buy the heads from livernois, freshen up the short block, throw her in time and go.

OP
OP
M

mattncsu

Reaction score
I’m pulling mine from the front.

To the OP, 8 grand is a lot of money to be going back in stock. Maybe look around a bit. I found my donor for $1500 and it was in running order. I’m not sure what they are going for today but I’d guess not much more. Keep in mind also that craftsmanship and QC both have been at an all time low lately. Id take a factory built junkyard pullout before anything recently re-manned on a mass scale. If you want to spend 8 grand or little more buy the heads from livernois, freshen up the short block, throw her in time and go.
I agree 8 thousand would be crazy for a remanufactured over new OEM. Problem is the dealership doesn’t seem to offer many options for me at this point. Supposedly they can see there are 3 engines available at their hub (he didn’t specify as to reman or new). But they won’t release them. He suspects they have deposits on them and therefore can’t be sold. Yeah, I know how all this sounds, it’s ******* me off too.

I’m genuinely feeling like I’m just stuck in limbo at this point. I genuinely love this truck and did not want to get rid of it for another few years but I’m at the point now where I just want to get it running with a reman, with a 1-3 year warranty, let the new truck market settle a bit, and place an order for a 22 or 23 Raptor. I just hate letting go of my V8. I’d go used and get a 2014 but my OCD won’t let me. First world problems, I know…