$2000 document fee?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

US HWY 666

Reaction score
No way, that is too much, just another way to fleece you. Sounds really fishy. Call their bluff. I just bought a 37 a few months back and my Doc fee was $85 dollars.
There is another angle to consider. I once had a Ford dealer add on a doc fee after
we had agreed on a final price. I said: "Keep the car." This dealer had 9 dealerships.
A few days later the GM calls me up. He says: "We have to charge this doc fee to
everyone, how about I just reduce the price of the vehicle by the doc fee amount?"
So I said fine. So no doc fee, even though technically they charged it.
This actually turned out to be a great dealer, plus they gave me a super low interest rate.
If they won't budge, walk.

Last edited:

Fordest Gump

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm new to the forum and will be getting my raptor soon. Thanks for having me here! My truck is a 23' Codeorange with a 37 package, already built 11/23/22, awaiting shipment. My dealer did promise me the truck at MRSP when I ordered it in August this year but had me sign a document that said I'll be responsible for a $2000 documentation fee. Is that a norm, or another way to markup the MRSP?
Thanks much!
**** no that's not normal. Tell em to **** off.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome! Looks like they are obviously charging you an ADM on the backside. If they never agreed to MSRP and no ADM then this would be it and not crazy bad. But since they did this is a little insulting.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
C

Codeorange37

Reaction score

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look, very few, if any, are walking once they feast their eyes on a code orange 37 for MSRP. Unless the truck is a huge stretch financially, balk at it but in the end 2k over sticker, which it is, ain’t the end of the world.