200 miles and already throwing a code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travis_2308

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well last night my check engine light came on with just over 200 miles on the odometer. I just got the truck Saturday and its already messing up.

The code that popped up is P2270 and has been on all day. It looks like its most likely a faulty O2 sensor from what I've found online. It'll be at the stealership tomorrow to find out what's up.

Anyone else had any of these problems also anyone think I'll be able to get a free extended warranty out of this?

OP
OP
Travis_2308

Travis_2308

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well it's in the dealership, i'll keep you guys updated. I haven't found any raptors with the similar problem, but my friend said he knew of some brand new ecoboosts having a faulty O2 sensor a couple months ago brand new

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well last night my check engine light came on with just over 200 miles on the odometer. I just got the truck Saturday and its already messing up.

The code that popped up is P2270 and has been on all day. It looks like its most likely a faulty O2 sensor from what I've found online. It'll be at the stealership tomorrow to find out what's up.

Anyone else had any of these problems also anyone think I'll be able to get a free extended warranty out of this?

My truck had the same issue when it was pretty new. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the O2 sensor and some wiring. Good as new.

OP
OP
Travis_2308

Travis_2308

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well it was a bad O2 sensor. Pretty ridiculous to have an O2 sensor go bad after 200 miles, kinda makes me want my Toyota back that I didn't have to take in once for 75K miles

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I understand the frustration but yeah, crap happens dude. Get it fixed and drive on.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Travis, it is hard to tell on the internet, but you are being sarcastic, right?

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well it was a bad O2 sensor. Pretty ridiculous to have an O2 sensor go bad after 200 miles, kinda makes me want my Toyota back that I didn't have to take in once for 75K miles

Can I Have your Raptor...I will even buy you a Toyota...

Fred