20" setup in bumper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6cuda6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey ...for the guys running 20" led bar in bumper...is it worth the cost and effort?

If it is...what brand are you running?

I'm looking to up the lighting for winter ski trips...choice to add a big over roof rack is not an option....

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My 20" really added to the setup I had but I wouldn't say it was the greatest asset to all my lights. I wouldn't run it by itself.

OP
OP

6cuda6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 20" really added to the setup I had but I wouldn't say it was the greatest asset to all my lights. I wouldn't run it by itself.

So what your saying is stock headlights with the 20" is really not going to give very much in return for the $$$?

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
In my experience, no. I had a rigid combo bar. It provided great supplemental light for the d2s and light canons but using it by itself wouldn't be enough IMO. Are you looking to light up a broad area or have some distance light for at speed.

OP
OP

6cuda6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just looking for more light power at night when driving in the mountains, during snow storms, etc....these roads are not lit so makes for some interesting driving when the weather is bad....

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I say the 20 is a good addition. It's perfect for some good extra light in most situations. I have the Rigid 20 e series mounted and its worth the money. I had another brand from a forum vendor and then upgraded to the rigid and it's night and day between the two. You get what you pay for.

If you're going to do night runs, you'll need more lights, if you're just running it for extra light in most situations, it's great.

I don't like running at night, but i have been caught at the end of a run when it's dark and the 20 along with some hood mounted lights helped light it up enough to see more then what the stock headlights would show. I have no intention of adding more lights, just going to change my hood mounted lights.

If you plan to run at night or just want to blow your *** on lights for your truck, go nuts, you can add lights everywhere.

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The d2 setup is the best if you're looking for light spread out, if you're looking for a single light for distance the visionx 21" is the best..

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The 20" goes in the center while the d2s go in the openings on the outboard parts of the bumper