20" LED Lower Grill Install HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camarors64

Reaction score
So I'm trying to install a M&R 20" light bar in the lower grill. However I'm have a hard time figuring out how to make it fit. First off how do you figure out where to drill? The bar and bracket doesn't fit in the opening assembled so you can't just mark them. Do you just measure? Second once you do have the holes drilled do you mount the brackets to the truck then mount the bar? If so how do you have room to reach in to tighten the bolts on the side? Or is there someway to slide the bar and bracket in place and then bolt it all to the truck? Any help on this would be great. I'm just using the mounting brackets that came with the bar, they look the same as all the cheap bars on amazon. Are these the ones I should be using for the raptor install? Please someone that has done this explain it all to me!!!

thanks!!!

OP
OP
C

Camarors64

Reaction score
I know you keep saying that but removing the skids doesn't give you any more access then you can get from the top with the hood open. The problem is getting the light bar and brackets to fit between the bumperetts. Can you please give me more information than "remove the skids"? This is something you have installed so you should have more detailed information. I know I'm not the most mechanical guy but a little more would help me out a ton. Thank you.

OP
OP
C

Camarors64

Reaction score
What is this piece that i circled in red? When I remove the lower grill all I have is the sides of the bumperette.

Attachments

• IMG_1420.jpg
    IMG_1420.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 127

MandR Automotive

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My assumptions were that it's factory grill trim. Anyone want to chime in?

Iman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398529579.965217.jpg
Here is mine installed. Pop out the bumperets and drill a couple holes. Very easy install.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bumperets? Are those the two little bumpers at each side of the light? And do those just pop out with a flathead screw driver?

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about the mr but the rigid I just drilled right into the side of the bumperette.

I need to install those headers still...

Raptoe13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the mounting bracket first and marked the holes on the side of the bumperettes relative to the bracket and then took it back off and loosely fit the bracket and light together (along with the modified factory grill trim) and tightened it all up.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398538322974.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398538322974.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 105
OP
OP
C

Camarors64

Reaction score
Are both of you guys using the rigid bracket?

Raptoe13-Did you cut out the lower grill and reinstall it? It looks like you have a frame around your light bar?