1st Time Raptor Owner - NJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Have loved the Raptor since it first came out - finally timing lined up with when I needed a new vehicle and I was able to negotiate a decent deal on a low mileage black CPO 2019 SuperCrew on 12/21. Managed to get a ton of equity from the dealer just for turning in my 2018 F-150 lease. Truck is in amazing condition and has the 802A, technology, and carbon fiber packages.

Absolutely love the Raptor so far and looking forward to putting some miles on it!

Planning on some 20% ceramic tint on the front windows and then probably ceramic clear the rest of the way around. Also, looking into adding some Rigid fogs relatively soon and we'll see where I go from there.

View attachment 335773View attachment 335774View attachment 335775View attachment 335771View attachment 335772
Congrats man. Hate to tell you but I testdrove that one at rt9 all american and after seeing the paint damage on rear drivers side and the ding in the door on the front i decided against it. Keep an eye on the sunroof man open it up and check for Lubrication. it broke during my test drive. I opened it and a piece broke off and it was stuck open in the rain. They brought it into the shop and it was in there for a couple weeks they called me back and said it was a program issue. Keep an eye on em. At least its warranty backed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
allllaann

allllaann

Reaction score
Congrats man. Hate to tell you but I testdrove that one at rt9 all american and after seeing the paint damage on rear drivers side and the ding in the door on the front i decided against it. Keep an eye on the sunroof man open it up and check for Lubrication. it broke during my test drive. I opened it and a piece broke off and it was stuck open in the rain. They brought it into the shop and it was in there for a couple weeks they called me back and said it was a program issue. Keep an eye on em. At least its warranty backed.
Thanks for letting me know! So far no issues with the sunroof when I checked it out/test drove, but I'll definitely keep any eye on it for sure and inspect it even further now. I did notice the paint damage on the rear drivers side near the fender, but have a buddy that does paint work and is going to take care of it for me luckily. They must have fixed the ding on the door when they brought into the shop also, because it was gone when I went to test drive. I've got the bumper to bumper through May 2026 which will definitely be helpful. Really appreciate you letting me know though so I can look out for potential issues with the sunroof.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know! So far no issues with the sunroof when I checked it out/test drove, but I'll definitely keep any eye on it for sure and inspect it even further now. I did notice the paint damage on the rear drivers side near the fender, but have a buddy that does paint work and is going to take care of it for me luckily. They must have fixed the ding on the door when they brought into the shop also, because it was gone when I went to test drive. I've got the bumper to bumper through May 2026 which will definitely be helpful. Really appreciate you letting me know though so I can look out for potential issues with the sunroof.
No worries mate the ding was a 5 min job with a pdr guy. That warranty is worth like 1500-1700. The pain chips on aluminum like a mf’r . To me it looks like he roosted it while
Making a left turn and the torsen kicked rocks on the bed .

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know! So far no issues with the sunroof when I checked it out/test drove, but I'll definitely keep any eye on it for sure and inspect it even further now

Moonroof is a common F150 failure. two things you can do to work around the issue.
1) when you open the moon roof, pop to the vent position FIRST, then close, then open the glass to the rear.
2) regularly lube the rubber to glass contact with the Krytox grease Ford uses. Expensive, but works and lasts.

popping to vent helps break the seal / stick so that when you move the glass to the rear, it doesn’t have to fight the sticking glass.

OP
OP
allllaann

allllaann

Reaction score
Moonroof is a common F150 failure. two things you can do to work around the issue.
1) when you open the moon roof, pop to the vent position FIRST, then close, then open the glass to the rear.
2) regularly lube the rubber to glass contact with the Krytox grease Ford uses. Expensive, but works and lasts.

popping to vent helps break the seal / stick so that when you move the glass to the rear, it doesn’t have to fight the sticking glass.
Awesome, this is great to know. Will definitely be doing that. I appreciate it!

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to Ford and bought the PTFE lubricant to reapply on mine. Cleaning it this weekend and regreasing it. Not having any issues but i know it hasnt been touched since 2014 so i would rather be safe than sorry.