19 Raptor is UNREAL awesome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaved Ice

Reaction score
I have owned 20 new vehicles over the years. You both have to remember that manufacturers have to compromise somewhere to meet a price point. If they attempt to perfect every aspect of vehicle, so few people could/would buy it and they are in business to make money. I am perfectly happy with the balance that Ford has put together for the price. Luxury SUVs and cars lack the off-road performance the Raptor offers and/or lack the utility of a truck (towing and bed use). If you are having buyer’s remorse, it isn’t the truck’s fault.

Last edited:

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I came from a 2007 G35x, not a luxury car at all but not an Impala either. Not considering my Raptor, it is one of the best vehicles I have owned.

Great technology, great performance, solid mechanically etc. I put almost 70k MN winter miles on it and it never missed a beat. It’s sitting in the garage now and will be my oldest’s first car here in a few months.

That being said, the Raptor is everything I hoped it would be. Fun to drive, comfortable, awesome technology AND I can plow through all this MN snow no problem.

I wont do any serious off-roading with it, not because it was 65k because I don’t have the skills to do it safely. I may try the Snoball in the UP in a few years but that requires a little more modding than I really want to do.

Other than some different rims and some fog lights (just because) and the oil catcher I don’t think I’ll mod this truck up much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’ve had my Raptor for a little over a week coming from a 2015 F-150 King Ranch. The truck is what I expected it to be so far. It’s fast, but nothing compared to the BMW M6 I’ve had in the past. And it’s nice inside, but I don’t think luxury when I get inside of it. I do think people tend to overhype the speed of the truck. Yes it is fast for a truck, but honestly not that much faster than my King Ranch was. And it is no where as fast as most sports cars etc. Also none of those cars are nearly as big and as capable as the Raptor. For what the truck is it’s amazing, but it is not everything for everyone.

Dust Devil

Reaction score
Raptor is a truck. Sports cars are for speed. Luxury cars are for luxury. If Speed and luxury are what you are after the Raptor might not be the right choice.

I LOVE mine, it is an absolute pleasure to drive.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We need to warn our BMW brothers by putting a sticky on the main page that the Raptor definitely doesn't measure up to their X5 and they will be disappointed. I mean seriously, who can bear to be seen in a vehicle with orange peel??? And have you seen the panel gaps??? It's practically barbaric.

LordExplorer

Reaction score
I think it’s all about perspective and what you need. I just picked my Raptor up on Thursday and drove it 800 miles home. I’m coming from a ‘16 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Dynamic with some mods and pushing over 600hp (it’s still in my garage now, for the time being). The Raptor in no way compares to my RRS. The power, luxury, sound, and smooth ride is owned by the RRS. However, I wanted and needed a truck. Looking at trucks, the only ones I wanted was a Raptor or AEV Prospector. For a truck, the Raptor is amazing. I love it. It is definitely taking some getting used to being a completely different type of vehicle, but it hits the mark for me. Except the exhaust. The RRS sounds sooooo amazing, so going to the Raptor, that’s a let down. Oh well.

Side note, anyone on the fence of the Blue Accent package, do it!!!!! The seats are awesome. Makes the Raptor that much more unique and special. IMG_2095.jpgIMG_2094.jpg

Fyatrk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I’ll do close to 25-30k a year and looking forward to it! Other than cost hard to find any faults! My 16 lariat felt like a tractor compared to this and I still thought it was a nice truck! This is on a different level. Who knew driving a truck would be so fun!

We had 18” of snow and roads closed and I was playing in deep snow mode and the truck felt like it would accelerate just as fast as dry pavement! Crazy!

fae993905124055083fdd06d543f1016.jpg

Added V1 and dash cam day 2 of ownership:

10e4cfe19b7ff2c18ed8878806ae2972.jpg

Love the wide body! View from upper level hotel window:

bd85906523a8087738bde83c649a7ffe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What dash cam is that?

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dang fellas... I may be one of the few who took the Raptor plunge and regret it a bit.

It is my 1st truck (19’ White/Blue 802A), and I thought it was the complete vehicle... and I could still convince myself and anyone else that it is on paper, however...

My issue appears to be that it is average in many areas and really only excels in one area (off-road). After owning it for 2 months, I would say that it’s a “jack of all trades” and doesn’t excel in the areas that I now realize are a must for me (performance, and luxury).

Im just not going to off-road a $75k vehicle, the same way I won’t road course my next luxury/performance vehicle. But I feel like I will utilize that performance and luxury more than I do the off-road capability.

So... for sale if you’re interested.

View attachment 121754

View attachment 121755

After about 10 months with my 17 Raptor, it being my only vehicle at the time, I too tired of it and wanted something else. But after going that route, I'm back happier than ever in my 19 Raptor. But I do have a new 911 to play with when I don't feel like driving a truck.

There is no doubt that if you are never going to go off road, there are better choices. My Platinum, for me, who goes off road a few weeks out of the year, was a better choice, but my brain doesn't listen to logic. I wanted the Raptor, I wanted its look and many other things it brings to the table. No regrets but I understand how you feel. Many have traded theirs in.

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After about 10 months with my 17 Raptor, it being my only vehicle at the time, I too tired of it and wanted something else. But after going that route, I'm back happier than ever in my 19 Raptor. But I do have a new 911 to play with when I don't feel like driving a truck.

There is no doubt that if you are never going to go off road, there are better choices. My Platinum, for me, who goes off road a few weeks out of the year, was a better choice, but my brain doesn't listen to logic. I wanted the Raptor, I wanted its look and many other things it brings to the table. No regrets but I understand how you feel. Many have traded theirs in.

Yeah, I wanted to like it. So much so that I didn’t listen to my wife and kids when they said I wouldn’t.

It still looks awesome to me and from fewer people than I expected, every now and then... I get “cool truck”.

For the first few weeks, I think I really liked it, but thoughts of other vehicles and what I could get for sale or trade started to creep in. At that point, I had to be honest with myself and admit my mistake (to my family as well).

Think I’m gonna go with an M5 next... and get a beater for truck duty.