19 model to 23/24 model, is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoatzNHoes

Reaction score
Currently have a 19 with 59K miles on it and thinking about a new truck heading into retirement in a few months. I wasn't even thinking Raptor again because of the pricing but then when looking at what I call normal trucks the dang pricing isn't much lower so might end up in a new Raptor. Just not sure I want to look for a leftover 23 that I like or a 24 that is at MSRP.

Thoughts from those that moved from Gen 2 to Gen 3.

Also is everyone basically paying MSRP now or are there better deals to be had?

Thanks

In short, yes.

The 2024 will be the one to get. Considerable improvement going to the 5-link coil sprung rear on both the 23' & 24'...However, the 24' will be coming with Dual Valve which is far superior in terms of suspension performance to date.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In short, yes.

The 2024 will be the one to get. Considerable improvement going to the 5-link coil sprung rear on both the 23' & 24'...However, the 24' will be coming with Dual Valve which is far superior in terms of suspension performance to date.
That’s only on the 37pp and R, and doesn’t seem to be a massive difference for most people.

OP
OP
H

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies and yeah one of the reasons was I know they upgraded the rear suspension in 23. If I do end up with one not sure it will be a 37PP I am fine with the 35's and not that it's a huge concern but something tells me 37's will make my current 16 mpgs even less HAHAHA All good though have to pay to play. I'll get out and drive one and do some looking and report back if I do end up buying one.

HTXShadow

Reaction score
I recently traded in my 18 on a 23. My wife and I both loved the 18, but I got the itch when I started reading about how great the gen 3s were on here. My 18 only had 28k and my wife thought I was crazy for wanting to trade it in…until she went with me to test drive the 23. We both loved the 23 and worked out a deal once the test drive was over. They really did take a great Gen 2 and improve on it with the Gen 3. My vote is do it, you won’t be disappointed.