17 SCAB 37k miles for 50k?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont see the camphaser fix on that carfax, unless its been removed and you can Oasis check it.
Plastic oil pan is not a simple swap, you need a new oil pickup, pan and i believe something else, cant remember off top of my head. Overall its not a huge issue, just check if its leaking, most leaks were by improper install not so much the parts.
Check the valve cover for leaks.
Check moonroof too/signs of leaks/wetness in the truck

Price seems pretty decent for an 802a scab, get an oasis report and see whats done to it. If you can see if you can get an extended warranty on it (pay for inspection or certified) that would be a decent buy

OP
OP
C

C7M7

Reaction score
Price is not terribly out of line. It's a Canadian import, but not sure if that matters. Any salt on the roads in BC?
They do but supposedly Ford designed it so that even if there is rust underneath it won’t penetrate through? I’m not sure if someone else can support this but when I looked at another Raptor and had rust concerns this is what I found. I will try to provide the source if I can find it

OP
OP
C

C7M7

Reaction score
i dont see the camphaser fix on that carfax, unless its been removed and you can Oasis check it.
Plastic oil pan is not a simple swap, you need a new oil pickup, pan and i believe something else, cant remember off top of my head. Overall its not a huge issue, just check if its leaking, most leaks were by improper install not so much the parts.
Check the valve cover for leaks.
Check moonroof too/signs of leaks/wetness in the truck

Price seems pretty decent for an 802a scab, get an oasis report and see whats done to it. If you can see if you can get an extended warranty on it (pay for inspection or certified) that would be a decent buy
What is an oasis report? I have been looking through carfax and I haven’t seem them on any Raptors even though at one time they did. I can provide one example in which I saw a Raptor with the cam phaser on the carfax but it isn’t there today. It still hasn’t sold.

The truck won’t be here until the end of the month so there’s no way to check for those issues at the moment.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is an oasis report? I have been looking through carfax and I haven’t seem them on any Raptors even though at one time they did. I can provide one example in which I saw a Raptor with the cam phaser on the carfax but it isn’t there today. It still hasn’t sold.
It’s the vehicle and warranty history from the Ford system. If a recall was done, it will show in the report.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They do but supposedly Ford designed it so that even if there is rust underneath it won’t penetrate through? I’m not sure if someone else can support this but when I looked at another Raptor and had rust concerns this is what I found. I will try to provide the source if I can find it
Surface rust on chassis components is normal; they’re not going to rust through. The concern is if the underbody components are heavily rusted/corroded from salt/road chemicals.

OP
OP
C

C7M7

Reaction score
Surface rust on chassis components is normal; they’re not going to rust through. The concern is if the underbody components are heavily rusted/corroded from salt/road chemicals.
How can I tell or what do I look for for this?

Otherwise, if all things turn out well, jump on the deal?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How can I tell or what do I look for for this?

Otherwise, if all things turn out well, jump on the deal?
Visual inspection. If there’s heavy rust, meaning metal flaking off or fasteners where the threads have rusted away, that’s an issue.

Make sure full maintenance history is provided. Otherwise it’s a big gamble.

OP
OP
C

C7M7

Reaction score
I bought it

Anyone else care to view this thread in what to look out for when getting the truck?