17 F250 to 18 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HulkHartman

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just traded my F250 in Friday night for a 2018 white Raptor with all options except decals, accent seats and rear fender liners (ordered huskys already). Looking to find good advice and first must have mods. From middle TN if there are any groups around.

IMG_20180915_163749_203.jpg

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
congrats from TX, I did exact same thing 1 month ago and dont regret any bit of it. Had f250 past 5 years. I'm going to linex bed and rear fender wells for $700 here shortly. then onto rpg collars up front to level it out. from what I've read Deaver springs are a must that will be after other 2 hopefully by xmas.

OP
OP
HulkHartman

HulkHartman

Reaction score
Looks good! I was thinking of rpg collars also. Just to get the front end up a little. I've seen lots of Deavers conversions. I'll probably end up doing them also at some point. Was thinking an intake also and way down the line, tuning with exhaust.

Jr24

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Sharp truck! I’m in Middle TN as well. I’ve got a set of Husky wheel well liners still in the box, but after reading some of the reviews, I never did install. I wanted to get the wheel wells Line-X’d but have so far not found a Line-X dealer in the area willing to do it.

TxRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome!

What made you guys switch to Raptor? I was considering the F 250 as well prior to deciding on Raptor since it's easier to maneuver in the work parking garage, not having to deal with the diesel peculiars (even though I love the Powerstroke/Cummins).

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had 2013 6.7 and loved it, towed some had land in Oklahoma but sold it. Wasn't happy with all the emissions and no room in the engine compartment to work on anything. Warranty ran out so traded in for 2017 6.2 gas f250. liked look and stock height. put 3k lbs in bed regularly for hauling with no problems or struggles at all. I dont tow haul anymore and liked raptors, did 9months of research and found one I liked and could afford and traded in my f250. Yes parking was getting very old and maneuvering started to suck and got tired of hearing wife bitch about rough riding truck. So far with 1100 miles on 2018 raptor it's bad ass and me and wife and teenager are enjoying the hell out of it.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score