GEN 1 14 RR SE Raptor w/ 13k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
complexCarlo

complexCarlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took a look at it, 12900 miles, real nice one dent hole car. Dealer was firm on price. The trim looks faded and unhealthy other than that its a nice truck for the money. 9481119e822c0f35c96b83cae77db043.jpg896c8b70187f0ba23b792cf3dc45fe47.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
complexCarlo

complexCarlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also took a look at another local 13' but this one is a little better equipped. Has full roush package, 40k miles asking 45 but
Has wiggly room. Has bags on the rear (dont know much about it) front clip has half ppf, carpet bed, very clean interior, and super charger lol. What do you guys think? This one has the ko tires that need replacing soon but seems like a good deal. Only neg is its black. Lmk what you guys think7746032cb6046c18e537ec9dd58a309c.jpgdd19346e38ca3ca975b4b9a0f4c30b59.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

I also took a look at another local 13' but this one is a little better equipped. Has full roush package, 40k miles asking 45 but
Has wiggly room. Has bags on the rear (dont know much about it) front clip has half ppf, carpet bed, very clean interior, and super charger lol. What do you guys think? This one has the ko tires that need replacing soon but seems like a good deal. Only neg is its black. Lmk what you guys think7746032cb6046c18e537ec9dd58a309c.jpgdd19346e38ca3ca975b4b9a0f4c30b59.jpg

If it has a supercharger, then you can guarantee it has been driven hard. The oil pump gears could fail and/or the transmission could go out. The price difference between the black and ruby red would quickly go away if you have any mechanical problems. If you have the cash on hand and can afford the repairs, then go for the supercharger.

The black one will need new tires too. Those KOs are 6/7 years old!

Personally, I would go with the ruby red simply because it has less miles and wear. I would then add a supercharger to it and have everything done right. The 4th Gen Whipple blowers are nice and definitely more efficient than the 6/7 year old Roush blower.

OP
OP
complexCarlo

complexCarlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far from what I gather there have been a few roush trucks in the 100ks. Original owner had money to throw at this thing. Drove it for 23k. Second owner whom i spoke too has put 16k in 4 years. Not saying they didnt wot it but i wouldnt say abused it. Its well taken care of. Now the ruby no one knows anything other that it was bought and traded locally. And they can cpo it. For some reason the point aint as good as the 30k mile roush.[emoji3166][emoji3166]

D

Deleted member 17706

So far from what I gather there have been a few roush trucks in the 100ks. Original owner had money to throw at this thing. Drove it for 23k. Second owner whom i spoke too has put 16k in 4 years. Not saying they didnt wot it but i wouldnt say abused it. Its well taken care of. Now the ruby no one knows anything other that it was bought and traded locally. And they can cpo it. For some reason the point aint as good as the 30k mile roush.[emoji3166][emoji3166]

How bad is the dent on the ruby red? Also, I didn't catch the ugly marker lights on the roof of the ruby red lol.

Roush Raptors can last a long time. The only weak point on the engine is the oil pump gears. The transmission has a few things that could possibly go wrong. I am just telling you this where you are not shocked if something goes wrong and you have to spend several thousand dollars to get it fixed. I have never known a supercharge Raptor owner to not be pleased with his purchase. If you do get the Roush, you need to get a tune from JDM (if it doesn't already have one) because the stock Roush tune sucks. In 2014, I had a dealership offer me a 2013 Roush Raptor at stock Raptor pricing because they were getting their 2014s in. I passed on it because I thought the shift points were horrible. I wasn't familar with JDM at the time or else I would had bought it and let them tune it!

Regardless of what Raptor you get, I would change all the fluids: diff, transfer case, transmission, and so on.

Another thing, how long do you plan on keeping the vehicle? Because if you want to sell it down the road, some people would be turned off to be the 4th owner.

D

Deleted member 12951

If it has a supercharger, then you can guarantee it has been driven hard. The oil pump gears could fail and/or the transmission could go out. The price difference between the black and ruby red would quickly go away if you have any mechanical problems. If you have the cash on hand and can afford the repairs, then go for the supercharger.

Not a guarantee and you are stereotyping. I know a guy near me that has a Hennessy Roush and he babies it. Never off-road and he might step on it every once in a great while but never WOT. I even wonder why he got the supercharger in the first place. I took it for a spin when he first got it and took the belt off, lol. But I was able to tell him that he needed the pulley guard installed which he didn’t know about and John took care of it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Not a guarantee and you are stereotyping. I know a guy near me that has a Hennessy Roush and he babies it. Never off-road and he might step on it every once in a great while but never WOT. I even wonder why he got the supercharger in the first place. I took it for a spin when he first got it and took the belt off, lol. But I was able to tell him that he needed the pulley guard installed which he didn’t know about and John took care of it.

Lol well even if you don’t drive it hard, the oil pump gears can still fail and so can the torque converter. The chances may be less likely if you don’t drive it WOT, but those are possible fail points on a SC Raptor because the increase of power.

You told me about that guy before. He is an anomaly—not to say others don’t do the same—but most of the people that I know with SC, drive them hard.

I wouldn’t want to be a 3rd owner of a SC.

OP
OP
complexCarlo

complexCarlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a chat with the dealer?
I did. Really want to strike a deal but as much as I love the color, its about 8k a little too rich for me. Plus the roof lights have really turned me off. Im just gonna keep looking at the black roush and come back to the redone if he s till has it in a few in weeks