'14 Raptor Rear Defrost quit working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCHOEBEL

Reaction score
So lately when I hit the button for the "rear defrost/heated mirrors" the little light comes on and then goes out? Did a little looking around on the inner-web and looks like the magnetic contacts on the rear power slider are known to fail. So I currently have 35,955mi on my truck! Called local Ford Dealer and they had me bring it in the other day. Said they are going to have to replace the whole rear glass! WTF, thought they would just replace the center "slider" Glass. Luckily it will be covered under factory warranty! That's a relief! Anyone else have this happen where they replaced the entire rear glass? Any issues after the swap?

Flea176

Reaction score
This happened to my '13 f150. Apparently it's kind of a common problem. It happened to a friend of mine's too. They replaced his under the bumper to bumper warranty. It would have cost me $300 some so I opted to just leave it because I planned on trading it for the 17 Raptor. I didn't mention it when I traded it in and they never said anything to me about it.