Heated Mirrors/Rear Window Defroster quit (2014 SCREW)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedFive

Reaction score
Dug around and didn't see a thread on this... But my rear window defroster/heated mirrors quit working this past winter. The heated seats quit at the same time, but that was an easy fix with a new module that I had replaced 5 years earlier. I had my 100k service this month and asked the tech to take a look and they said it was getting power and appeared grounded but recommended switching this module out first and then the back glass if that didn't work. I can't seem to find a diagram of where the part actually sits in the truck. Any suggestions on where this part is located? Dash Control Unit - Ford (EL3Z-19980-A)

Thank you,

Jarod

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s very unlikely that the module is at fault. It’s not at all uncommon to have defroster contacts in the rear sliding glass on this generation fail. When the contacts become open, there is no feedback signal to the module, so it turns the system off. That is why the heated mirrors do not work as well.

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the heated mirrors and heated glass in the back window fail at the same time they will replace your entire back window. If you have a Ford dealer do it. There are some fixes if you do it yourself Google on the Internet and you will find plenty of documentation about what to do. My 2014 was the same way push the button For rear defrost and the button light would come on for a second and then go off. Exactly what Fordtechone stated. Was under extended warranty and the dealer replaced the entire back window. No issues after.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happened to me a while ago. The contacts on the rear window are all fried. So I put a Jumper wire on the connection that is behind the passenger side rear seat. Saw a YouTube video about this and did it and now my heated mirrors work. Apparently the mirrors and the rear defroster are on the same circuit. Its either that or spend huge bucks for the rear window replacement. I never needed the rear window defroster and I live in the Northeast. Just scrape the ice off and the rear window is good to go. But the heated mirrors are a must

necromonger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have this same exact problem. How do you fold the rear seat down in a supercab Raptor though? Mines a 2011. Thx!

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a little latch behind the seat that is a pain in the butt to get too. Just have to feel for it. Do a Google search on folding rear back rest seat f150 crew cab. There are plenty videos for it. Thats how I learned to do it. I didn't save the link but it's easy to find