$109,145 Starting Price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Beefier than what? Gen 2? Gen 3? Gen 3 on 37s?

Ford could've just slapped a V8 under the hood and called it a day, but the Raptor R needs to have the durability to have the absolute snot beat out of it. A larger oil pan will let the truck handle grades without worrying about oil starvation, while a larger intake and new oil cooler should help keep gases and liquids from getting too hot. The Raptor R also picks up a new front axle, a larger aluminum driveshaft, as well as an active exhaust system with pass-through mufflers and valving that changes the exhaust note based on vehicle mode.

Since the Raptor is all about blasting through the desert as fast as possible, the Raptor R's suspension looks up to that task. Fox Live Valve shocks are hiding behind those beefcake body panels, and combined with some massive coil springs, the Raptor R offers 13 inches of wheel travel in the front and 14.1 inches in the rear. Standard ground clearance is an impressive 13.1 inches, and its standard 37-inch all-terrain tires should provide plenty of grip when the asphalt disappears.
Great write up by CNET.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As a blue collar guy I think you would have to be batshit crazy to pay 110k +the min 50k adm in Cali , it’s specs are close enough to the trx I’d sooner but a brand new trx and throw 70k down on a rad lake boat …… I’m going in a completely dif route , hopefully buying a lightly used 17 raptor , then buying a used boat , then buying a used 4 seater canam & a 24’ tt . I factor all in for the later 4 options will put me around 140k and I’m sure I will beat that canam harder than anyone who buys and R ever will. But maybe there’s some rich ass dudes on this forum who can afford to throttle a 150k+ truck

It's not just about total cost though, but how well the assets hold their value. The R will certainly hold value, but highly dependent on the ADM you pay. Your plan isn't just better for the options it gives you, but the fact you're buying used.

Big Papa Gecko

2012 Raptor SCREW Tuxedo Black (Sold)
Reaction score
I believe all Rs are fully loaded. So still 109. The only options I've heard of are color, sticker delete, and panoroof.
Color, sticker, moonroof and tailgate is paired as an option. So if you want power tailgate and step you get the moonroof too. 111340 "fully loaded"

Dancam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
am wondering if Ford wants to deter the masses ordering with the high price. I dont think there would be much allocation available. With this price point they just give RAM an incentive to raise the price without even releasing something new to the market.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
am wondering if Ford wants to deter the masses ordering with the high price. I dont think there would be much allocation available. With this price point they just give RAM an incentive to raise the price without even releasing something new to the market.
Reasons that come to my mind ...
Take some of the ADM back to the mother ship. You may call it greed, but I call it smart. Why should dealers reap all of the reward?
The more they sell, the more it hurts their CAFE numbers.
The more they sell, the more it ****** off the woke dipshits at the EPA who have them by the short and curlies.
The more they sell, the less exclusive it is.
The cheaper the price, the less exclusive it is.
The cheaper it is, the more they sell.
They have a lot of testing expense to amortize over a small number of vehicles.
They may be looking at a production bottleneck on parts. Engine plant is scheduled to close. Fox is struggling to supply shocks.
They're getting ahead of inflation instead of trying to play catch up with price increases.
The target market doesn't really care about the price difference. Many will happily pay the price plus $50k ADM.

You could probably come up with another dozen reasons if you put your mind to it. Personally, I'm happy to see Ford marketing doing something smart for a change. I was beginning to lose confidence in them. I predicted $99,999. I'm glad to see that they have the balls to punch way over the magic number.

Dancam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could probably come up with another dozen reasons if you put your mind to it. Personally, I'm happy to see Ford marketing doing something smart for a change. I was beginning to lose confidence in them. I predicted $99,999. I'm glad to see that they have the balls to punch way over the magic number.
cmon man. You are getting rapped and justify the perv's action by saying maybe he really had to get laid.
This will be an extremely limited run. Inflation wont matter anyway. You might be into something with the EPA numbers tho. Overall at 110k pricepoint, Ford is dipping into real Baja trucks pricing. 110k+ ADM + TTL is a $150k truck. If you pay $150k on a Ford half assed release you either go through a divorce or you have no common sense