10 SCAB rear ended at high speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwaite09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same issue for me (opposite side) also a couple years ago, same color same truck. After 3 months and $24K in repairs I declined to accept it as the bed was crocked and tailgate was way out of whack. They asked to surrender and gave me $35K

I was sitting still on the highway and dude hit me, I remember seeing his face lite up by his cell. Police report estimated he was doing 60. hope everyone is OK.

Attachments

• IMG_6613.jpg
    IMG_6613.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_6639.jpg
    IMG_6639.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6913.JPG
    IMG_6913.JPG
    223.4 KB · Views: 66

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same issue for me (opposite side) also a couple years ago, same color same truck. After 3 months and $24K in repairs I declined to accept it as the bed was crocked and tailgate was way out of whack. They asked to surrender and gave me $35K

I was sitting still on the highway and dude hit me, I remember seeing his face lite up by his cell. Police report estimated he was doing 60. hope everyone is OK.
Yeah that’s quite the gap between the tailgate and bedside!!

complexCarlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh man my heart goes out to ya. I have an extra 10k in insurance due to the aftermarket parts ive put on it just incase something like this happens. Great color and scab too, man!!

OP
OP
R

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that’s quite the gap between the tailgate and bedside!!
The 1st estimate had a used replacement bed in their estimate.. The 2nd shop Is claiming the bed can be repaired and claims the steering column is shot (because the top of the steering wheel is bent from the impact grip). The bed is shot, there is no doubt in my mind. He said he doesn't want to wait around for a used bed and have to deal with dents etc. To me it sounds like he doesn't want to repair it and hopes it.totals out. His estimate is $20.5k. I'm not a experienced body guy but I did graduate from collision/refinishing with custom fabrication and street rod at Wyotech. How about actually putting the truck on a frame rack 1st as part of the estimate? And then go from there?