10 SCAB rear ended at high speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn that was quite a whack. Glad you made it out o.k.
It was thanks. I saw the Lexus ex 300 suv barreling down on me and I braced my head against the headrest and held on. I drove home but the kid left in a ambulance but seemed OK. His Lexus was drug off the freeway. I think I was knocked out for a few seconds

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It was thanks. I saw the Lexus ex 300 suv barreling down on me and I braced my head against the headrest and held on. I drove home but the kid left in a ambulance but seemed OK. His Lexus was drug off the freeway. I think I was knocked out for a few seconds
So did you bend your steering wheel because you were hanging onto it?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, it's bent at the top towards the bed.
Oh wow, so you pulled it towards you from the impact in the rear, damn. I've hit my steering wheel a few times in traffic in anger and it hurts, lol. Now's the time to upgrade to one of those carbon fibre ones if you ever wanted to. Starting to sound like the damage might not be a write off, if that frame is okay. Keep us in the loop. #SaveGen1's#

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this happen to an 03 with the tailgate down, damn kids texting. Similar damage. I had them get a new/used bed from Tx, no rust, but dinged a bit, mine was like new under the bedliner. I did not think they could patch it in, but it was a flareside, so they got the entire new outer fiberglass skin and just welded in the inside corner by the tailgate hinge with a replacement part and it came out way nicer than a used bed would have looked. Plus only had to paint the one side of the outer bed then.

I had no frame damage, they were going 45mph, and I was stopped for a left turn. Saw them coming and floored it last minute to about 20mph before they made me go into a forced drift, but I am sure it helped that I was under full throttle.

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dad taught me years ago if you are sitting waiting to turn for on coming traffic keep your wheels straight and if you hear a tire squeel just floor it. Within a week I was in that situation and as I was laying dozen rubber I looked up in the rear view mirror to see an old lady barreling down on me. She never hit me but man she was in my back seat forever!!!

OP
OP
R

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dad taught me years ago if you are sitting waiting to turn for on coming traffic keep your wheels straight and if you hear a tire squeel just floor it. Within a week I was in that situation and as I was laying dozen rubber I looked up in the rear view mirror to see an old lady barreling down on me. She never hit me but man she was in my back seat forever!!!
I thought of trying to goaround the car in front of me but there was only time to brace for impact! He was moving.