10/11 Squad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor18Actual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My hope for actually getting this thing is pretty much gone. I started asking saleman, fp, etc if the truck even exists and as per usual they can’t answer me. Also to the people that are claiming this thing is worth the wait… is it though? Because my view of this process, the truck, seeming qc issues has me seriously doubting you all

Yeah, the whole process has been absolute garbage, but knowing how my gen 2 performed and reading everyone's comments about how the gen 3 rides better (plus updated interior) has me patient and waiting

DillyDally

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As you can see in my profile pic, I came from a Gen 2. I did love my Gen 2, but the Gen 3 has a much nicer interior and is so much smoother to drive.

My Gen 2 could shift hard. Leaving my house, I go up a big hill with a stop sign just over the crest. I felt the 5th to 3rd shift each time. It was noticeable. You would also feel shifts when accelerating.

I was close to cancelling in December, I was more than a little perturbed that the 2021 that I ordered would arrive or even ship until 2022.

I am glad I waited.
Well I’ve never had a Raptor, never been in a Raptor so tbh I can’t sympathize on what I’m missing out on because I have no reference… and so far it’s kinda hard to be impressed with something that can’t even get produced. Not to mention spending top dollar for it

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My hope for actually getting this thing is pretty much gone. I started asking saleman, fp, etc if the truck even exists and as per usual they can’t answer me. Also to the people that are claiming this thing is worth the wait… is it though? Because my view of this process, the truck, seeming qc issues has me seriously doubting you all
Some more perspective, back when the pandemic started, Ford and other auto manufacturers shifted some of their production from vehicles to ventilators, masks, face shields, etc...... In addition to shutting down some of their vehicle production, Ford had to deal with their chip supplier's plant basically burning to the ground, the other vehicle manufacturers did not have the same issues and were able to get their chips with relatively less supply chain problems. I'm not making excuses for the delays but I think we should be a little more patient due to the extenuating circumstances that have led to the current situation.

Last edited:

thomasfoxworthy

Reaction score
That truck looks super familiar. Not sure why though...

LOL! Congrats brother! You made it!

hahahaha! i thought i would hate how the stock wheels looked, but i actually quite dig it. was thinking i would get them powdercoated, but will leave them stock and throw on blizzaks or something for next winter and do method 310's in bronze with new rubber for the rest of the year i believe.

thank you, and i am still blown away at how incredible the truck is. the technology is insane, the ride quality and interior is A1, and the thing drives like a sports car, it's hilarious.

DillyDally

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some more perspective, back when the pandemic started, Ford and other auto manufacturers shifted some of their production from vehicles to ventilators, masks, face shields, etc...... In addition to shutting down some of their vehicle production, Ford had to deal with their chip supplier's plant basically burning to the ground, the other vehicle manufacturers did not have the same issues and were able to get their chips with relatively less supply chain problems. I'm not making excuses for the delays but I think we should be a little more patient due to the extenuating circumstances that have led to the current situation.
Would have a little more sympathy if they said that that was the issue still, but when they release 5 new models between when we ordered and today and are knowingly still dealing with supply issues the sympathy fades quickly

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I’ve never had a Raptor, never been in a Raptor so tbh I can’t sympathize on what I’m missing out on because I have no reference… and so far it’s kinda hard to be impressed with something that can’t even get produced. Not to mention spending top dollar for it
It's like the difference between the Goshawk and the Hornet. :)

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would have a little more sympathy if they said that that was the issue still, but when they release 5 new models between when we ordered and today and are knowingly still dealing with supply issues the sympathy fades quickly
I understand your frustration, I placed my order the day the order books opened and I'm still waiting while MANY Raptors have been delivered that were ordered and built after mine. Do I enjoy seeing this happen, absolutely not, but when I placed the order I put my expectations in a box after the first two production dates were pushed to the right. FP tells me my Raptor is under a shipping delay that they have never seen before LOL. This is my first Raptor as well so we are in the same boat. I was able to sit in one at a local dealership and start it but not drive and I can overwhelmingly say that you will absolutely be geeked out when she finally arrives. Depends on how bad you want it man. I made a commitment when I placed that order back on 6/10/21 and that commitment still stands true to this day.

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
amazing break in procedures lol

i haven't brought her over 4k RPM yet. i'm of two mind with breaking in engines and can't decide which path i want to take...

Lol I left the dealer on the rev limiter in a 100’ long burnout ;)
The techs were filing it was hilarious

IM not even joking either!

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand your frustration, I placed my order the day the order books opened and I'm still waiting while MANY Raptors have been delivered that were ordered and built after mine. Do I enjoy seeing this happen, absolutely not, but when I placed the order I put my expectations in a box after the first two production dates were pushed to the right. FP tells me my Raptor is under a shipping delay that they have never seen before LOL. This is my first Raptor as well so we are in the same boat. I was able to sit in one at a local dealership and start it but not drive and I can overwhelmingly say that you will absolutely be geeked out when she finally arrives. Depends on how bad you want it man. I made a commitment when I placed that order back on 6/10/21 and that commitment still stands true to this day.
Same exact boat I was in. It was 100% worth the wait!

It is frustrating as all heck though waiting. I’m not going to lie I was looking at TRX’s and other stuff. But I’m super impulsive when I don’t get my own way! Happy I waited it out.