1/31 squad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hokie

Reaction score
2/2 blend date on window sticker Still stuck in production. Tracker shows 2/15 in production.
Same here. Getting so frustrating. The dealer and his rep have no answers. Every deadline Ford chat gives me gets passed over and over.

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My blend date was 2/3 as well. If your build quality is anything like mine you are better off waiting.

I did remove the overspray yesterday. I am taking my daughter to pre-school and then I'm going to get as much as I can done on the paint correction as possible today. Taping off the fenders and other black trim will be very time consuming. Honestly if my other January order which is still unscheduled clean gets picked up, I will sell this one and buy the newer one.
What did you use to remove the bed liner overspray?

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you use to remove the bed liner overspray?

70% alcohol sprayed on and let it sit for 3 minutes followed by A mixture of thioglycolic acid and distilled water.

I have a scraper for delicate surfaces that I made one pass on gently and washed it off with no scratches or marring. I think I mentioned this before but since your truck is black it needs to be done correctly. Where are you located again?

RaptorAddict1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I picked it up alright.

-Found a GPS device. I explicitly asked them not to install in writing. It was removed promptly and I'm debating on how to "discuss" this with GM
-I had bedliner overspray on both sides of the truck.
-Rail Dust. I've owned a BMW that had less iron in/on the paint. Raptor is Oxford white.
-The one thing I didn't even think to look at was the differential, which is very rusty.(not that it would have mattered if I did find it before leaving)
-Leather is puckered
-I hope the rear shocks are just filthy and coated with some type of lubricant.
-Body color piece under grill on top of the bumper is misaligned.
-I have a thin rusty hook looking piece with a plastic square retainer in the bed. Trim rails and top tailgate trim look like they have been sitting in the sun for 5 years.

They "detailed" the truck. My overinflated tires were very glossy, thanks I guess. I will take more pics tomorrow. I am not one to think something should be flawless regardless of price; however this is absolutely the worst shape I've ever had a new truck delivered in.

View attachment 353880View attachment 353881View attachment 353882View attachment 353884
Man that sucks! Hopefully once you get all of the issues resolved it will be a great truck! Now I'm worried about the shape my truck will be in once it finally arrives.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that sucks! Hopefully once you get all of the issues resolved it will be a great truck! Now I'm worried about the shape my truck will be in once it finally arrives.
6222E66E-4A10-4EE2-A917-05A11B02E309.jpeg

Found a small tear in the center console also. I know it wasn't me because I didn't have my holster on at all yesterday. I took the day off to spend about 8-10 hours for a wash, full correction & sealant/wax

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
70% alcohol sprayed on and let it sit for 3 minutes followed by A mixture of thioglycolic acid and distilled water.

I have a scraper for delicate surfaces that I made one pass on gently and washed it off with no scratches or marring. I think I mentioned this before but since your truck is black it needs to be done correctly. Where are you located again?
Thanks! I gave up on removing my over spray after a few attempts. My dealer got me a replacement panel for the part that had the over spray. It's the small removable panel at lower rear corner of the cab. It's an easy swap, I just need to get out to my dealer.

Sucks on the condition of your truck upon delivery. Mine was filthy inside & out. The interior had cloth fiber all over the place including the headliner. I also have some of the same rust that you do as well.

I'm just south of Asheville.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I gave up on removing my over spray after a few attempts. My dealer got me a replacement panel for the part that had the over spray. It's the small removable panel at lower rear corner of the cab. It's an easy swap, I just need to get out to my dealer.

Sucks on the condition of your truck upon delivery. Mine was filthy inside & out. The interior had cloth fiber all over the place including the headliner. I also have some of the same rust that you do as well.

I'm just south of Asheville.
View attachment 353963

Found a small tear in the center console also. I know it wasn't me because I didn't have my holster on at all yesterday. I took the day off to spend about 8-10 hours for a wash, full correction & sealant/wax

This sucks to hear about the lack of quality on these trucks. My truck had the hood repainted due to a chip from the rail yard however they did a terrible job spraying it. Over spray all over both fenders and dirt in the clear.

Both rear fenders are light on paint, along with the gas door and the entire tailgate. The silver looks blotchy on certain angles because there isnt enough paint to cover the primer in these areas. Mines going back in next week to have the entire front end, bed & tailgate repainted.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sucks to hear about the lack of quality on these trucks. My truck had the hood repainted due to a chip from the rail yard however they did a terrible job spraying it. Over spray all over both fenders and dirt in the clear.

Both rear fenders are light on paint, along with the gas door and the entire tailgate. The silver looks blotchy on certain angles because there isnt enough paint to cover the primer in these areas. Mines going back in next week to have the entire front end, bed & tailgate repainted.

If mine were that bad, Ford would purchase the vehicle back or expedite a replacement.

I've worked on it all day. Paint is free of any contaminated. I will start all the bling, gloss and glisten tomorrow If I have time.

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Same. My hood and passenger fender are splotchy. There is a small light streak just above the flare on the passenger rear bedside, but it's only in strong sunlight at a certain angle. My hood/fender are being repainted as we speak. I'm holding off on the rear bedside.

None of the splotches/streaks show up on mine unless in bright sunlight. Overcast days it looks perfect.