“22 raptor getting thumping sound F/R suspension area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VI-CRY

Reaction score
Purchase my brand new raptor on the June 7th already been to the dealership twice .
First for the tailgate stop working 3days in. Replacing the module, and replaced the upper right front control arm.. They misdiagnose upper control arm for the reason me hearing and feeling small thumping sound going over consecutive bumps while driving.. Sounds like a damaged bushing or clearance issue with the front shock. Is anyone having this same issue if so what can it be?89A1EE35-B4B6-4A80-A28E-3C12BFCF60BC.jpeg

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Subtle Clunking

quite a bit of info there. and yes a lot of people are having issues. ford knows and is working on it from what we all gather. it seems like everyone is leaning towards the shocks themselves and being faulty. it doesn't seem like doing anything now is helping since a lot of people are just getting the defective shocks replaced with defective shocks since there isn't a official fix from fox or ford. wait it out like most of us are doing until forward get a fix worked out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
VI-CRY

VI-CRY

Reaction score
Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Subtle Clunking

quite a bit of info there. and yes a lot of people are having issues. ford knows and is working on it from what we all gather. it seems like everyone is leaning towards the shocks themselves and being faulty. it doesn't seem like doing anything now is helping since a lot of people are just getting the defective shocks replaced with defective shocks since there isn't a official fix from fox or ford. wait it out like most of us are doing until forward get a fix worked out.
Smh! Had an appointment today and was diagnose front shock replacement.. now your saying it’s a ongoing occurrence hopefully I get a good patch.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could be. but may be already be in the works with new products. not sure yet. hope so