¡Más! Factory Upfitters & Easy Access wiring!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks nick, funny how I used the same location on the other side for the PS FILTER, but never thought of sitdowns idea , awesome idea, clean, all wire end up at one spot.

OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great source for the junction box, I ordered a spare from my source given the shipping delay involved. All for improving, and i like your US source. my box has tabs on top and bottom and changing things around in the cold, I broke the top tab off mine given its thinner plastic at the ends.

How do you affix the junction box to your bracket?

How are you distribution blocks attached? screwed or bolted through the back of the box?

I used a plastic cement to secure my blocks in the box, was looking avoid adding more holes/places for moisture to enter. If you have a link to your single bank block you used for the ground, post it up. My center block is elevated to make more accessible, but Ill be using that single row one in my next revision.

Kmandoske is doing up a custom relay panel currently, much more simplified than mine, bolts to rear door of the glovebox and using a 6 bank row of switches. We'll have to get him to add some info to here, its looking pretty slick

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great source for the junction box, I ordered a spare from my source given the shipping delay involved. All for improving, and i like your US source. my box has tabs on top and bottom and changing things around in the cold, I broke the top tab off mine given its thinner plastic at the ends.

How do you affix the junction box to your bracket?

How are you distribution blocks attached? screwed or bolted through the back of the box?

I used a plastic cement to secure my blocks in the box, was looking avoid adding more holes/places for moisture to enter. If you have a link to your single bank block you used for the ground, post it up. My center block is elevated to make more accessible, but Ill be using that single row one in my next revision.

Kmandoske is doing up a custom relay panel currently, much more simplified than mine, bolts to rear door of the glovebox and using a 6 bank row of switches. We'll have to get him to add some info to here, its looking pretty slick

If you look at the last picture posted of the box, you will see there are square looking holes next to the lid attachments, I used 6/32 screws and drilled the mounting bracket out and used riv nuts/ threaded inserts so I didn't need to get a wrench behind the bracket. As for the box it self, there are little nubs that stand off the bottom about 3/16, I cut a piece of 22 ga alum to fit the inside of the box, then I laid out the terminal strips , drilled out the box plate, and installed 6 riv nuts 6/32, picked up 3/8 ×1/2 nylon spacers from lowes, and spaced all 3 terminal strips, then screwed box plate in. The pictures are before I used the single strip in the center.

Attachments

• 20140802_185352.jpg
    20140802_185352.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 20140802_185403.jpg
    20140802_185403.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 20140802_185609.jpg
    20140802_185609.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sitdown here's a web site that carries a bunch of electrical goodies, the waterproof/sealed relays are awesome when mounting under the hood, this was used for my duallies, reverse/upfitter bypass, I get my stuff from work, but this is the supplier. first is the site, next is the terminal strip I used in the center for ground, then the last 3 are sealed relay's , and parts needed to complete the relay build, can also get the relay set up, off ebay, or dirrect from JEGS for 19.99.

Welcome to Waytek

46206-04 Cole Hersee Terminal Block Common Bussbar - Waytek, Inc.

http://www.waytekwire.com/item/75615/MINI-ISO-RELAY-12V-SPDT-40A-NO/

http://www.waytekwire.com/item/75612/5-WAY-SEALED-CONNECTOR-ASSY/

http://www.waytekwire.com/item/31085/TERMINAL-16-14-GA-FEMALE/

Last edited:

Goofball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yall just **** me off with your perfect tool boxes and unlimited know how. I want so bad to be able to do those things but I know myself... I would get half way and f'it up. I don't have the patience I guess. Keep up the good work.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yall just **** me off with your perfect tool boxes and unlimited know how. I want so bad to be able to do those things but I know myself... I would get half way and f'it up. I don't have the patience I guess. Keep up the good work.

PATIENCE is the key, next is WANT to do it your self, unlimited know how, thats called FRF, what you don't know others will, what you do know others may not, share, trade off, ask questions, others will help you through it, people know alot , no one knows everything, and you have to enjoy doing what you do.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished my extra switch install, same as the others, but nothing glued or attacted to the dash panel, made a bracket that takes the place of the storage pocket, were the trailer brk controler would be.
The bracket bolts in place of the pocket like (Bigblue) did, then the factory switch assembly snaps into the bracket, dash panels can be removed with out disturbing any other items, and can alway be put back to stock . Now working on the fuse and relay panel, similar to sitdown's , but doing a little welding and bending to get a little more room.
Also NOTE picture #6 I filed down the edges of the switch housing, to make it sit flat, (slight curve in it from factory), so the panel seals around switch assembly with no gaps.

Attachments

• switch plate 3.jpg
    switch plate 3.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 66
  • switch plate 4- dash fit..jpg
    switch plate 4- dash fit..jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Extra switchs-1.jpg
    Extra switchs-1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Extra switches-2.jpg
    Extra switches-2.jpg