¡Más! Factory Upfitters & Easy Access wiring!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also, the amazon supplier of that junction box is likley overseas so expect a couple weeks for delivery, w/ no tracking

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
AWESOME Project!

So the question is:

Next time I'm in Suburbia IL, how long will you need my truck and at what cost are you willing to do this mod for me? Parts, Labor & Beer...

OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol if you find suburbia, ill buy you a beer ;)

Really not too skill dependent if you have plans layed out. Take your time, make up your panel in the living room on the couch. Most tedious process is feeding wiring through the firewall, can offer a few more tips there for anyone having issue with that

There may be a simpler replay panel in the works as well, stay tuned

Last edited:

peepsnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sitdown,

I was wondering what was supporting the glove box panel other then the 2 8mm screws in the front?

Does the plate fit into something in the back of the area behind the glove box or does it just hold itself from the rigidness of the steel?

I wanted to do something similar but with kydex sheets(just can't bring myself to use metal with all the power). I was wondering if you found some way to anchor the back of the plate?

Don

OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 2 screws are the primary supports, So a rigid material was needed for me.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Completed my front lights, using the awesome juction box idea (Sitdown) posted, I did my mounting bracket for the juction box different, but same turn out. Still have to add the other bank of switches, using the pocket on the driver side, being I don't have a brake controler, every thing else I done was following the post by (Sitdown). THANKS FOR THE POST.

Attachments

• Bracket Template.jpg
    Bracket Template.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Brkt fab-4.jpg
    Brkt fab-4.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Brkt fab-5.jpg
    Brkt fab-5.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Brkt fab-6.jpg
    Brkt fab-6.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 84
  • Brkt fab-9.jpg
    Brkt fab-9.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 80
  • Brkt fab-11.jpg
    Brkt fab-11.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 87
  • Brkt-2 Location.jpg
    Brkt-2 Location.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Junction box, installed & wired.jpg
    Junction box, installed & wired.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 113
  • Junction box completed..jpg
    Junction box completed..jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 88
OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome, Much better design! if you make another revision and want to part ways with your prototype, Id rock it :D

Like the single bank block used in the middle, any extra room in there is helpful

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, Much better design! if you make another revision and want to part ways with your prototype, Id rock it :D

Like the single bank block used in the middle, any extra room in there is helpful

My box measured out the same as yours, the only difference is yours has the mounting tabs top and bottom, mine are in channels right next to the cover screws.
I used the single strip in the center for the grounds, to much of a fight with the double row in the center.Also the reason I made and set up the bracket that way, is if I want to remove the headlight, I can do so with out disturbing or removing anything else., thanks for the direction/idea .