icon coming out with replacement coilovers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SDHQ GOODGUY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Icon coilovers

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f40/icon-coil-over-front-shocks-3689/

The spring rate that Icon is using on their new 2.5" * 3.0" coil overs are hush hush currently. Icon has done some extensive r&d on these trucks and currently are having custom springs built to their specs. Stock coils would not fit on them. They will be adjustable, basically stock to top perch if you are comparing them to stock.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
So far they have been great!

My set is valved a bit different than the production version because I need my truck to perform at its best with a few hundred extra pounds dangling off the front end. Around town they seem on the rigid side but its the price I have to pay, and also I think its a bit exaggerated seeing as I live in a city with some of the worst roads in the US.

Jr,
As stated my set is going to be a bit stiffer than the others but when you hit the dirt/travel at speed it all makes sense. The truck is STABLE at any speed you ask it. On my first attempt in the dirt (at speed, I come from rock crawling) you forget how big the truck really is. After about 10min I was fully confident in the tuck and could put it pretty much anywhere I asked it. Including sideways... Body rolls is minimal and I have very little nose dive under braking. I have my sways connected and won't ever take them off but again, this is a work truck, not something to flog for fun. If that were the case, I would remove the sways... Fit and finish of the ICONs is top notch, only time will tell but I have over 10k on them already and they still look brand new.

1250785639_hocNd-L.jpg

Here is where she currently sits...
i-PTkggGD-M.jpg

i-Ps9NL2h-M.jpg

Last edited: