Wiz's Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
wiz1500

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm liking the vinyl on the hood and the front fenders.

The hood is actually painted. The Ford is the factory paint on the hood..
I had Designs & Signs do a stencil for this for me way back before they were even in business.
This was the first Raptor Josh ever worked on and he did it in his garage.
149191_1491487931105_4097315_n.jpg

The black strips on the fenders and the BOSS are vinyl.

I will find more pictures in a while my relater just walked in.. " I'm buying a new shop" O and there is a house for the wife also..he he he

Banned
Reaction score
so the hood is painted, i want to hear your experience with that, price vs vinyl mostly.

i plasti dipped my hood and grill last summer to get an idea of the look, and loved it. have been debating wether to go vinyl or paint ever since. my grille is cracked in many places thanks to a duck, so if you convince me to go paint, ill get a factory black grille and paint the hood to match.

OP
OP
wiz1500

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the hood is painted, i want to hear your experience with that, price vs vinyl mostly.

i plasti dipped my hood and grill last summer to get an idea of the look, and loved it. have been debating wether to go vinyl or paint ever since. my grille is cracked in many places thanks to a duck, so if you convince me to go paint, ill get a factory black grille and paint the hood to match.

I'm at work now on my phone so again I apologize for no pictures. To be honest I have no regrets on paining the hood. I have been able to work around it for changes ive made. But at the end of the day if was going to do it again I would wrap the hood and still paint the grill and flares. The grill looks great because I left the FORD letters gray so there is a slight contrast. I then actually painted the letters gloss black again for contrast.
Wrap the hood paint the grill.

OP
OP
wiz1500

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just found these..
A few shots of all the LED work I did...Every bulb in the truck has been done even the back doors..
011-1.jpg
The reason the head unit wasn't done at this point is I new it was coming out..
015-2.jpg
009-3.jpg
007-2.jpg

OP
OP
wiz1500

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stencil D&S made for me way back in the day...he he
100_6655.jpg
100_6654.jpg
The hood has gone threw many looks...
100_6652.jpg
This was the final rendition..
Picture003.jpg
Then In honor of our great vendor and race truck sponsor.
I had D&S do a sticker right over the top of the FORD paint work..
331945_4298812832473_617644907_o.jpg

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wiz,

Couple more.
How far down do the mudflaps hang from the fender / body?
I like what you did with the aftermarket radio and com radio. I have thought about doing the same thing on this and other trucks. Were there anything you had to give up (Sync, Sirius, ect)?

LEDs looks awesome. I might try that some day, but I don't think I have the patience or the control over my hands to pull it off.

Any other skid / body protection added besides the SDHQ skid plate?

OP
OP
wiz1500

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wiz,

Couple more.
How far down do the mudflaps hang from the fender / body?
I like what you did with the aftermarket radio and com radio. I have thought about doing the same thing on this and other trucks. Were there anything you had to give up (Sync, Sirius, ect)?

LEDs looks awesome. I might try that some day, but I don't think I have the patience or the control over my hands to pull it off.

Any other skid / body protection added besides the SDHQ skid plate?

The flaps hang down about 7".
I did give up My phone interface and factory steering wheel controls for the radio but this is only because of the age of my head unit.
DEH-P940MP - | Pioneer Electronics USA
This unit has been with me for many years and is still sought after by some because of it's high end sound capability.
My Super Tuner ant going away..lol.
The LED thing was not my first rodeo..
A laid my C-5 out back a few years ago.
ry%3D400.jpg
ry%3D400.jpg
ry%3D400.jpg
ry%3D400.jpg
This car was bone stock when I bought it..All work was done in house by me
ry%3D400.jpg

The problem with the vet was I had to solder in a resistor along with every LED that went in,
ry%3D400.jpg

It is not a job for someone with out patents..

I have the mid skid from SDHQ and a fuel tank skid coming from the outlaw boy's that was on the race truck...We are changing up the fuel system on it so the plate was donated to me..Thanks Grant. (kx250)

Last edited:
OP
OP
wiz1500

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of hoods... ;)
I have also increased the flow capacity of the heat extractors on the hood.
This is what Ford gives you...

029-8.jpg
This is what WIZ gives you..
033-7.jpg
I didn't want to remove to much material and compromise the integrity of the mounts..
032-6.jpg

This is how much more air flow potential you have as you can see the hood mat has not been cut yet..
036-5.jpg
Does it work???
Yes.. You can see heat radiating from the hood vents in heavy traffic and now when at free way speeds the windshield washer squirters are very disrupted because of the disrupted airflow over the hood.. I suspect this is why the holes were of a smaller size from the factory..

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc