Wiz's Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As some of you may know I'v made a few modifications to my truck and have documented them in another part of the internet.
Well it's time to broaden my horizons and bring a few things that i'v done over here to share with you all.
I will give you guy's the cliff notes of what I'v done so far but if you have a question on something I have done please feel free to ask..I will go in to greater detail for ya..
May 23rd 2010 a brand new 6.2L Raptor arrived.
The first morning she was mine..
29639_1328374253365_3033224_n.jpg

29639_1328374373368_1045207_n.jpg

Later that day..
Ford Raptor Quik shot. - YouTube
Ford Raptor In a little mud. - YouTube
I had put a K-N Filter in before we went out and this is what I found after...Not good at all..
100_6545.jpg

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
006-38.jpg

What is that tank with the cooling fin lines coming out of it? Powersteering? Would like some details on this due to my powersteering needs some help. TRR 13 is the first time I heard the PS pump squealing.

OP
OP
wiz1500

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
006-38.jpg

What is that tank with the cooling fin lines coming out of it? Powersteering? Would like some details on this due to my powersteering needs some help. TRR 13 is the first time I heard the PS pump squealing.

Yes that is a P.S. cooler..
It is a complicated system and pricey..
It involves sending your pump into Howie for mods.
I good solution is to run with the new Icon reservoir that our vendor sponsor Outlaw and SDHQ sell.
Power Steering Pumps

http://store.sdhqoffroad.com/powersteeringsolutionfordraptorpowersteeringreservoir.aspx
If you would like to talk about it give me a call. I'll PM you my number..

Last edited:

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keith,

That looks like a Light Racing Jounceshock on the rear. How do you like it? I was thinking of putting their jounceshock on the front of my H3.

OP
OP
wiz1500

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like them..The fact that there adjustable is a great bonus.. I have acully ajusted them many times and you can feel the difference..

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really like them..The fact that there adjustable is a great bonus.. I have acully ajusted them many times and you can feel the difference..

Thanks, right now they are out of my budget range right now. I am still considering building my own set from Fox Jounces, but the length does not package without adding onto or redesigning the LCA. I think it will be a great addition to a Torsion bar type suspension. Get rid of the annoying polymer bump stops / dampeners

OP
OP
wiz1500

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the first things I did to the truck was to put a set of aftermarket graphics on..
These were sourced from the internet because Design & Signs was not in business yet.
If any of you are thinking about doing this job it's very easy so get ahold of Chris and order them up...Designs N Signs - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor
Just clean the surface really well.
100_6265.jpg
Lay it out work the bubbles to the ends and trim.
100_6263.jpg
100_6271.jpg
100_6269.jpg
100_6274.jpg
100_6277.jpg
We even had the wife working bubbles out..
100_6287.jpg
Factory look...Even side be side with a factory truck it looked great...I thin I had $200 wrapped up in it and a Sat. afternoon...
100_6312.jpg

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes that is a P.S. cooler..
It is a complicated system and pricey..
It involves sending your pump into Howie for mods.
I good solution is to run with the new Icon reservoir that our vendor sponsor Outlaw and SDHQ sell.
Power Steering Pumps

Power Steering Solution Ford Raptor Power Steering Reservoir
If you would like to talk about it give me a call. I'll PM you my number..

Looks like the frame for that cooler is blocking about 10% of your prime flow area for the rest of the heat exchangers.

OP
OP
wiz1500

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the frame for that cooler is blocking about 10% of your prime flow area for the rest of the heat exchangers.

The tans cooler is running it's own fan so it helps with flow..I have not had a heat issue yet and it is monitored closely. It will be changed if an issue arises..
No shame in my game.. If something doesn't work to my expectations you will know about it..