**WINTER SPECIAL** Black "FORD" tailgate ovals **GROUP BUY**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Billet Badges

Billet Badges

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The badges we make will come with 3M VHB (Very High Bond) adhesive and will stick on. The adhesive will be a lot more secure than the plastic clips. After you remove the factory oval, just clean the surface with rubbing alcohol and apply the badge. Just test fit the new oval on the bezel before you remove the adhesive and make sure it fits flush.

It has been brought to my attention that the the white plastic piece does need to be cut down for the replacement oval to mount flush. See picture below.

5089-raised-white-plastic-needs-removed-mounting-new-billet-badges-oval.jpg

I have sold hundreds of ovals for F-150 trucks with back up cameras and this is the first time a customer has come forward and let me know that this modification needs to be made. This customer has a 2013 truck so it might be something new that Ford didn't have on the previous year trucks, but I am not sure. Please let me know if you needed to modify your bezel if you have an older model truck. Also if you did cut off the white plastic parts, what tips do you have to do so? I would think a Dremel tool with a cut off wheel would trim it off quick and clean.

If you do not want to modify the plastic bezel to mount the new billet aluminum oval that Billet Badges supplied, you can return it for a full refund. I do apologize for not having knowledge of the mounting modification.

Last edited:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I am "the customer" Steve is referring to. I called him this afternoon and he promptly called me back. We spoke for a few minutes and I expressed my disappointment that modification would be needed for the new oval to fit.

We talked about machining and additional bezel ring or making the oval thicker and milling out the back to clear the plastic mounting tabs. That discussion is still up in the air but we decided using a Dremel tool to cut away the mounting tabs would probably be the easiest and ultimately the most cost effective way to make the Billet Badges Ford oval fit with the backup camera assembly. I found the bezel and it's $28 if you should ever wish to return to stock.

1. I removed (broke off) the factory Ford oval.

2. Removed the 2 7mm bolts holding the camera bezel on.

3. Unclipped the camera harness.

4. Removed the camera from the bezel which is held on by 3 (T20?) Torx bolts.

From there I just gently clamped the bezel down to a work bench and cut away the tabs.

Reinstalled the camera to the bezel, screwed the bezel back on to the tailgate and there we go:

DSC00476.jpg

DSC00477.jpg

RenderIllustration.ashx

OP
OP
Billet Badges

Billet Badges

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Birdman,
Thank you for the update and the pictures showing the modification and install. I am curious now if the older model trucks are the same way. I would assume that they are. When you looked up the cost of the bezel did they specify that it was the same for all of the Raptor / F-150 trucks with back up cameras?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I entered my VIN and then did a manual search for a 2013 XLT and it appears to be the same part number. All nonsense aside this logo looks great and I am very happy with the quality of the Billet Badges product!!

from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can see here on the pic of mine where I painted the bezel, that the white part sticks out beyond the bezel. Mine's a 2012.

12904d1357622320t-painted-ford-oval-trim-match-tailgate-emblems-tgate-03.jpg

I was wondering how you made it work with the billet badge, I just assumed it was recessed in the back and only was held on by 3M around the perimeter.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
You can see here on the pic of mine where I painted the bezel, that the white part sticks out beyond the bezel. Mine's a 2012.

12904d1357622320t-painted-ford-oval-trim-match-tailgate-emblems-tgate-03.jpg

I was wondering how you made it work with the billet badge, I just assumed it was recessed in the back and only was held on by 3M around the perimeter.

Out of curiosity did you get the ford oval off without snapping the tabs? I wasn't trying too hard in fact I just ripped mine off but it seemed like it would be tough to remove and reinstall the oval without breaking them.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Out of curiosity did you get the ford oval off without snapping the tabs? I wasn't trying too hard in fact I just ripped mine off but it seemed like it would be tough to remove and reinstall the oval without breaking them.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

I pulled on it ever so gently and immediately the left side clip broke I left it like that for a couple weeks while I ordered a new ford oval, and once that came in I unclipped it fully, took the bezel off, painted it metallic gray, and installed the replacement emblem.

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok got mine in, did as suggested and broke the clips in a blaze of glory. Took zero effort :).
I removed the assembly , dremmelled the plastic so it was level. That was fun. I the plastidipped the chrome bezel and put it back on the truck. Removed the plastidip from the top surface and applied the new badge.

Not the best job on the plastidip but easily redone later.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21359670755.155034.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21359670770.733425.jpg