Hub Centric Rings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ray101381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of method wheels and for every other car i've had i've always used hubcentric rings, problem is i can't seem to find anything that'll fit the raptor and method double standards. Correct me if i'm wrong but the raptor has 87mm hubs and the methods are 94mm but i cant seem to find a hub ring that has a 87mm ID and 94mm OD. anyone know where to find these?

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little over an 1/8" thick ring will be hard to find. Maybe a local machine shop can fab a set up for you

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I never understood the idea behind hub centric rings as the lugs themselves center the wheel around the hub.

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hub centric take the stress off of the lugs & affix the wheel centered perfectly. Lug centric rely on the lugs being torqued correctly & no flex.
Generally it is not an issue, but under extreme load/impact, the studs can shear where as the center post really can't

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 1994 Landcruiser and I purchased aftermarket wheels. The wheels came with rings that were made out of plastic, super thin plastic. I am sure my 2 year old son could crush them with little effort. I just can't see how a flimsy piece of plastic could center my wheels.

Hub centric take the stress off of the lugs & affix the wheel centered perfectly. Lug centric rely on the lugs being torqued correctly & no flex.
Generally it is not an issue, but under extreme load/impact, the studs can shear where as the center post really can't

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never understood the idea behind hub centric rings as the lugs themselves center the wheel around the hub.

1) OEMs manfacture the hubs with a ring and that's the registration point they intend for the wheel. With that approach they don't need tight precision on the lub bolt placement.

2) It's easy to properly mount a hub centric wheel on a balancing machine. Lug centric is another story. When I had Lug Centric Weld Racing wheels years ago the tires rode like crap. I had the tire shop balance and balanance and they never could get them right. Then we tired putting the wheel+tire on the machine, balance, remove and repeat. never could get a repeatable reading on the machine. Really hard to get the lug centric adaptor perfect on the wheel and machine.

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 1994 Landcruiser and I purchased aftermarket wheels. The wheels came with rings that were made out of plastic, super thin plastic. I am sure my 2 year old son could crush them with little effort. I just can't see how a flimsy piece of plastic could center my wheels.

Well, the plastic adapter will tend to hold in place while tightening, but still relies on the studs/lug nuts to center & hold. Hub centric wheels are made to the correct size & require no plastic inserts.