The Mojave Road April 16-18 2010 Pics and Videos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Holy hell that was a great trip!

Four Raptors were invited to join a mix of 8 other Jeeps, Toyotas and a Ford during their annual Mojave Road 3 day trip. This time of year is the best to go weatherwise, and this year in particular promised to be spectacular. The recent rains have the desert flowers in their full splendor.

The road itself is runnable in 2wheel drive most of the way. And as you'd expect, we didn't encounter anything technical, save one down hill that was far more hype that hard. We ran slow, we ran fast, we ran thru wide open space, and we ran into tight spots barely big enough. Our Raptors handled it all with ease.

But dont get me wrong; the trip was NOT a bore. A trip like this is all about the history of an area, its landscape and wildlife. Sometimes ya just gotta slow down and let yourself exhale before you can really see and hear and feel what a trip like this is all about. The Mojave Road forces you to turn off your brain, chill out, soak it in and relax. And I, for one, was very glad to have been forced to do all those things the past few days. Really helps keep "the rat race" of daily life in check.

And besides... there were many opportunities to leave the caravan behind and let our Raptors stretch their wings. And stretch they did; toward the end of the trip we hit stuff that had me straight up giggling. That's the most fun I've had driving, behind any wheel. Period.

Anyone who thinks the Raptor is just an F150 with some bolt on's is kidding themselves; get out there and run side by side with Jeeps, or Toyotas or even other Fords and it becomes clear... the Raptor is something incredibly special.

I just got home and ran thru the pics I took. Not too many of the trucks doing their thing... we were too busy driving to stop and fiddle with that picture taking nonsense :mrgreen:. Besides, I had a vid camera running much of the time. I'll process those and post 'em up over the coming days. There's bound to be some really cool stuff in there.

Enjoy the pics! If you ever get the chance to make this run, do it!

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

One of our stops on Friday was by this small canyon whos walls are covered with petroglyphs. Nobody really knows how old they are, but estimates are 10000-15000 year old.
IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

Another stop was by this marker; it memorializes the various railroads that have run thru the area over the years. This bit of track is original to the first railroad.
IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

Pics from around camp and various areas
IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

(See post #41 for tons more pics)

Last edited:

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
AWESOME PICTURES J!

It was great breaking bread and DRINK with you guys!

ChadB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad to hear you had a great time. Too bad I wasn't able to make it out.

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet...

you should check out the KBB video that started floating around on here whilst y'all were playing.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jason, glad you made it home safely after a long drive. Thanks for posting your terrific pictures. I look forward to seeing your videos and I'll be checking for light under Tim's tires to prove his blue Raptor actually got air.

Did you take your Raptor for a swim on the way out? We forded the river in our Fords and the water was deep.

I'll start posting my pics and a brief write-up tomorrow - too tired now to spend hours working on the hundreds of pics we took.

The Mojave Road was awesome and we had a great time! I'm glad we were able to show the Jeepers how the Fords handle the terrain.