My Thoughts On DDM Tuning...PURE CRAP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
So just to make things clear, you're using DDM ballasts and these light bulbs right?

Yes sir, that's correct. If I had to do it all over again, I'd just bought whole H13 kit off ebay.

On a side note, the H13 bulbs from DDM look like the ones in that link. The bulbs they actually sent me where still H13 in size but the solenoid on the back was bigger and not as flush looking.

Also the way the new bulbs sit in stock housing, it projector a better pattern. The high beams also disperse more light than DDM did.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes sir, that's correct. If I had to do it all over again, I'd just bought whole H13 kit off ebay.

On a side note, the H13 bulbs from DDM look like the ones in that link. The bulbs they actually sent me where still H13 in size but the solenoid on the back was bigger and not as flush looking.

Also the way the new bulbs sit in stock housing, it projector a better pattern. The high beams also disperse more light than DDM did.

Thanks I'm about to place my order. But one last question before I do... Did you notice any difference in warm up time? Or is that not effected since it's the same ballasts?

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Thanks I'm about to place my order. But one last question before I do... Did you notice any difference in warm up time? Or is that not effected since it's the same ballasts?

I haven't noticed any difference in warm up times between the different bulbs.

Also just to state and I'm sure you've read or know this already, but best way to use the HIDs is with a retrofit like a vendor on here offers.... or 2013 set of headlights with all stock ballast/bulbs.

That being said, I have a slightly used set of black 2013 headlights due in today, I hope to figure a way to retrofit aftermarket ballast and bulbs in them by using the H13 controller and keep cost down below $400ish. If I can accomplish this, I'll have plenty of pictures on it and some sort of write up. If I can't, I can sell the headlights and make some money, win-win for me and a good project ot play with.