Best Tuning Platform

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For the sake of clarification on this story im only replying one last time bec you keep insisting on saying its the cats which is misinformation. Ive mentioned all there is to detail the problem and those who understand how this works knows cats doesnt shut off the obd2 o2 and cat monitors. Any faulty cat will cause the monitors to complete with a fault code. Yours never recognized that.

For the record the only reason ams downpipes pass is with any tune or stock file because they are 300 cell cats which are above the cat efficiency threshold which is based off the temps variance between pre o2 readings and rear o2 lambdas. Even nick of optics can verify this.

Whats even more infuriating about this issue is even if i did go ams i bet my life the tune you gave me still would have the same issue again bec i know the monitors on the tune you sent is disabled. Its not as if the tune knows the cat is efficient or inefficient so it doesnt go ready, unless thats the algorithm set which means it's your tune thats tampered with emissions. What youre not getting is I wanted those cat monitor failed codes so i could resolve it independently but yours did not. At least admit thats where you and i are not seeing things clearly.
You do understand I do this for a living right? I have literally tuned thousands of trucks in all configurations you can possibly think of. I recommend things that work. I have never had issues with AMS downpipes because as per FORD OEM logic, they are considered efficient.

Your downpipes are not efficient and throw P0420 and P0430. Note!!! At this point, I can no longer help you. My tuning does not alter/modify/bypass/change (insert synonyms here) emissions devices in any way. I do not have control to set monitors related to emissions, codes related to emissions, etc. I think that is where you are confused… I cannot make any changes whatsoever at all as the COBB software I use does not even allow it.

The reason you are having the problem you’re having is because you chose inefficient cats= P0420 and P0430. Your truck is telling you this, I’m telling you this, COBB told you this and smog told you this. I do not know what else to say. If you’re only complaint about my product was me not disabling those codes for you as you specifically asked for, I did my job. Your job was to get quality downpipes like I told you.

If you want to call me please do. Otherwise, stop mentioning this in public at the same time you’re mentioning your tuner as you’re going to hurt them in ways you clearly don’t understand.

Like I said, give me a call and we can discuss this. Otherwise please stop talking about this. You got your “fix”. You can now move on and be happy.

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Winfield i apologize i edited this last post bec out of reading your last post I realized it is you who i am making look bad and thats not my intention here. Ill call you and clear this up later this week

Last edited:

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
And I told you I don’t touch emissions devices. You said your Catalyst (among other things) say “not ready”. I cannot do anything about that. I told you driving cycles will help ready devices, but those cats it will likely never ready.

You will absolutely get P0420/430, ‘not ready’ is how it starts and stays with inefficient cats.

I recommended to you what I have seen work. You didn’t want to do what I recommended. So all I can do, and did do, is wish you the best with your new tuner.

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I told you I don’t touch emissions devices. You said your Catalyst (among other things) say “not ready”. I cannot do anything about that. I told you driving cycles will help ready devices, but those cats it will likely never ready.

You will absolutely get P0420/430, ‘not ready’ is how it starts and stays with inefficient cats.

I recommended to you what I have seen work. You didn’t want to do what I recommended. So all I can do, and did do, is wish you the best with your new tuner.
Thats my frustration and maybe you really arent aware youre incorrect and thats what im pointing out. It will show monitor ready but failed and give a code if it wasnt disabled.

How do i know this? Because my MPT tune has a check engine light now after 30 miles of driving and has codes p0420 and p0430. Your tune the o2 sensors didnt even enable for it to check the cats hence no codes. I passed smog bec i nevada they allow one monitor not ready exemption and i got it smogged after the o2 sensors completed their checks. Since you know how drive cycles and obd2 monitors work you should know whether the cats are efficient or not o2 sensors should complete their cycle to check the cats. So MPT never disabled anything or tampered with emissions. The o2 sensors and their monitors are 100% independent of whether the cat is good or not.

wazatataza

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EPA has entered the chat
Ironically when i swapped to mpt the performance gain felt and actually experienced for my setup was much better turbos kick in much quicker and seem much more violent of a pull.

Honestly the only concern i have now is that the difference is so noticable to me i question whether it is good for longevity of the motor since goose is known to also focus on reliability and longevity.

MorBoost

Reaction score
Thats my frustration and maybe you really arent aware youre incorrect and thats what im pointing out. It will show monitor ready but failed and give a code if it wasnt disabled.

How do i know this? Because my MPT tune has a check engine light now after 30 miles of driving and has codes p0420 and p0430. Your tune the o2 sensors didnt even enable for it to check the cats hence no codes. I passed smog bec i nevada they allow one monitor not ready exemption and i got it smogged after the o2 sensors completed their checks. Since you know how drive cycles and obd2 monitors work you should know whether the cats are efficient or not o2 sensors should complete their cycle to check the cats. So MPT never disabled anything or tampered with emissions. The o2 sensors and their monitors are 100% independent of whether the cat is good or not.
Hey man, seriously ST FU about what other tuners do, and what they may or may not have done.

We get it, you weren't happy with one place, so you went to another, and they got you going.

Great. God bless America.

If you have ANY interest in keeping the tuning community what it is without the ABC govt boys messing it up, shush.

You literally have no idea the implications your loose lips could cause.