Best fog light kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CarbonFiber01

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I’m finally getting a Raptor R on Saturday! I’m looking for a triple cluster fog light kit and there’s so many out there I really don’t know which one to go with. So I was hoping you all could give me your first hand experience and recommend what you think is the best one. I don’t really care if there’s yellow in it or all white, just that it’s bright as hell!

TIA

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IMHO, fog light kits, and I've had quite a few, aren't what they are made out to be. If you want bright as hell, go with a light bar on the bumper or lights on the A pillar. Fog light kits are good, but they aren't great and never wooed me. And I had the most expensive variety of Baja Design. Maybe it's just the low location. I always wanted further reach, and yes, I had the spots.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I’m finally getting a Raptor R on Saturday!
Awesome. Pictures by late Saturday AM, or you earn a prius picture!

I’m looking for a triple cluster fog light kit and there’s so many out there I really don’t know which one to go with. So I was hoping you all could give me your first hand experience and recommend what you think is the best one. I don’t really care if there’s yellow in it or all white, just that it’s bright as hell!
seems like our supporting vendors must be asleep... We got an FRF here with DEEP pockets wanting some fresh lumens...
HELLO?

A point of clarification: when you say ‘fog light kit’, do you mean SAE fogs, OR are you looking for “DGAF” bright?
A good compromise:
1 pair SAE fogs. Bonus points for amber colored rock guards.
1 pair wide corner “pro” lights. Stare into these at your peril.
1 pair of spots

SAE are usable anywhere and don’t have the power of the other lights but you do get a good, wide spread with a solid cut off to keep from blinding other oncoming drivers.
wide corner excel at lighting up critters waiting to do a Kamikaze into you. They don’t push far, but, they put out a LOT of light in all directions in front.

IMHO, fog light kits, and I've had quite a few, aren't what they are made out to be. If you want bright as hell, go with a light bar on the bumper or lights on the A pillar
@CarbonFiber01 : read through this thread and report back with questions: https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/pillar-vs-bumper-lights.101595/

Fog light kits are good, but they aren't great and never wooed me
Two timing sk@nk. You never wooed me either. I see how you are.

Maybe it's just the low location. I always wanted further reach, and yes, I had the spots.
See the thread above.

Sure, you can run 20k lumens in the fog pockets, but they’re only 1.5 feet off the ground. Easily obstructed by low height terrain imperfections, heck even tall grass. Bumper mounted lights like LP’s are a bit higher, but still lower than headlights. A-pillar lights are well over the headlights and less easily obstructed.

The best answer is lights at all of the levels mentioned.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
she’s a sweetie, but plays hard to get really well.

Smokyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smurfslayer nailed it, SAE is the way to go.
I have a pair of fogs from Diode Dynamics covertly lurking behind a pair of bumper hole fake grill covers from Amazon. I use them more as DRLs than aux lights which is what I wanted, to add more ambient light in front and sides than the stock low beam headlights. Being older than old fart I need every lumen I can get!
The amber backlights are nice as are the amber rock guard lens covers…per SS’s request. :)

DD’s customer service rocks as well…fyi.
V/R
Smokey

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I’m finally getting a Raptor R on Saturday! I’m looking for a triple cluster fog light kit and there’s so many out there I really don’t know which one to go with. So I was hoping you all could give me your first hand experience and recommend what you think is the best one. I don’t really care if there’s yellow in it or all white, just that it’s bright as hell!

TIA
Hey there!

I'd be happy to help you weigh your options and look at some different lighting for your Raptor R!
I'll throw a couple links below for you to take a look at some of the things we have to offer, but we can create custom setups, as well. We also have a complete line of patented plug-and-play harnesses that make install a breeze and can add cool features, too.

Here's a link to some of our Gen 3 Raptor Light Kits:

Here's a link to our YouTube Channel with lots of content on different lighting options and complete install walkthroughs:

Please feel free to call or text me at (317) 934-6778 or email me at [email protected]. I would be happy to answer all your questions and to help you in any way possible.

Thanks!
Sidney @ SPV Parts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter