Thoughts on the Diamondback Switchback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else heard anything about the Switchback yet? I'm intrigued by the access to 2/3 of the bed being continuous rather than divided like the SE offering. For anyone with the SE, does the cab side portion of the access panels actually offer any utility (not talking built in tool box version)? But actually being able to reach in and say open a cooler? Will the SE fit a YETI 105 and still close in the front panel, or will it need to be moved rearward where bed depth seems to increase slightly? With my MX4 I could only fit the coolers against the cab to get the cover to close.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the HD diamondback cover and I think the switchback is a nice improvement. I’d def get it if I was doing it again.

Cfreeman783

Reaction score
No sir install was about an hour or a little more I took my time and made some adjustments to get the right tension for opening and closing. It's a solid cover and very happy with it thus far. I hunt a lot so excited to have a lot better theft protection when I go out west. :hunter:

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put my SE on Wednesday. Would have been super easy with a second set of hands, but really no problem solo

Has one on my 2012 and loved it. Diamondback has improved the latches, everything else seems just as good as before

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone consider getting the quick fist clamps for the inside cover of the DB? I’d like to mount a shovel and recovery rope there.

Cfreeman783

Reaction score
Does the auto tailgate still work with the DB cover in the down/locked position?

Is that the HD model?

Yes, it still works and yes, it's the HD model; DB had a special that when you buy cover you get free light and the rack system for inside the lid. I too plan to mount a shovel / flashlight.