Limited or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this horse dead yet???
150fc277362adba11514bccdfafff929.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol limited to 30k trucks or so? We wouldn't be talking about this if it weren't for the trucks being held. That screwed the whole system now all the dealers think they are something they aren't. You'll be able to find a gen2 for MSRP all day long by February. The market will be flooded

Flooded? Not sure how you can make that statement. My dealer has 13 or 14 buyers in front of me. They sell Raptors at MSRP and he is still thinking Fall '17 for me. Good size dealer too who sold a lot of Gen 1 Raptors and sells a lot of F150's.

Gilligan

Reaction score
Flooded? Not sure how you can make that statement. My dealer has 13 or 14 buyers in front of me. They sell Raptors at MSRP and he is still thinking Fall '17 for me. Good size dealer too who sold a lot of Gen 1 Raptors and sells a lot of F150's.

I know of more than one dealer that still have allocations. The demand has never been that high on the east coast. If you were willing to travel a few hours I bet you'd find one much quicker.

There were less than 25k Raptors built in 2014 with even less than that in previous years and I felt they met demand. Now we don't know how many of the 15,000 trucks being held are Raptors but it's quite possible the majority are Raptors so that is a giant chunk of the total number of Raptors to be built. Quite possibly over 50-60%.

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know of more than one dealer that still have allocations. The demand has never been that high on the east coast. If you were willing to travel a few hours I bet you'd find one much quicker.

There were less than 25k Raptors built in 2014 with even less than that in previous years and I felt they met demand. Now we don't know how many of the 15,000 trucks being held are Raptors but it's quite possible the majority are Raptors so that is a giant chunk of the total number of Raptors to be built. Quite possibly over 50-60%.

Fair enough, that makes sense. Do you or anyone else know when the '18 Raptor order banks should open up? I know it can be a moving target depending on the vehicle. I'm thinking it could be May? Given my preference is to get a Raptor in September/October getting an '18 might make the most sense. Last year I think I ordered my '17 Explorer in May and it came in mid-August.

Gilligan

Reaction score
Fair enough, that makes sense. Do you or anyone else know when the '18 Raptor order banks should open up? I know it can be a moving target depending on the vehicle. I'm thinking it could be May? Given my preference is to get a Raptor in September/October getting an '18 might make the most sense. Last year I think I ordered my '17 Explorer in May and it came in mid-August.

I'm not sure exactly when they will open but personably I'd go for a 2018 if I was you. Usually by mid/late October they start turning out the next year models so if you're waiting until fall anyhow might as well get the most up to date version.

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly when they will open but personably I'd go for a 2018 if I was you. Usually by mid/late October they start turning out the next year models so if you're waiting until fall anyhow might as well get the most up to date version.

I agree. I have to sell a my Mustang GT to make room in my garage anyway. Since it is a vert, that won't happen until Spring here in Upstate NY! Wife says only one "toy" in the garage at a time!! I just need to make sure I'm at the head of the '18 order line.

Last edited:

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score

There are Raptors on some lots on the east coast now but outside of a few dealers in SC, all are at 2500 to 15000 over MSRP. I know for a fact that there are people waiting for people to back out of orders so they can get them. I ordered mine for MSRP at a dealer 45 miles from me, there are two that are closer, 18 miles, and 32 miles that wanted 5000 over MSRP. All of there allotments were sold on opening day! So not sure where you got your facts at on the east coast numbers, waited over a year to order, my dealer and there Ford rep told me on the day I ordered that these where "limited" numbers and only by allocation. Now if you have a dealer that will get you a stock truck good for you!

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ypu might possibly be the first saleman I've seen who has a clue! Congrats , most are useless.

There are good salesmen out there. Just like other industries, some good and a lot not so good. Problem is it's just a job for most people and they don't take any extra effort to learn anything they don't have to know.

I don't know how to say it any more plainly. These trucks are not going to be built in unlimited numbers PERIOD. Yes availability will get better as initial demand gets satisfied but these trucks aren't going to be sitting in numbers at every dealer. We'll probably get a similar allocation number again next year. If so I still have more buyers than the 4 units I'll get.

Most of the dealers I know that have trucks available are well over MSRP, that's why they're available. The dealers that I know who were selling at MSRP sold all of their allocation for this year.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That number has been clarified more than once in multiple places by multiple sources. 15K was the the number of standard F-150s with the 3.5 and 10 speed not Raptors.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They weren't sending any of the Gen 1's to China either. People seem to be forgetting China builds are a significant contributor to the already limited availability.

But hey, what do I know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc