Keep or Return?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
slade8

slade8

Reaction score
The good news is, there's every reason to believe that a clean, well maintained and correctly modified Gen 1 Raptor should become a classic, just like the Bronco & Mustang did. Look how much the OG Steve McQueen fastback sold for. And it was in horrible mechanical shape; rusted, tired motor, daily driven for years in cold weather country.

The day you decide to sell it, look for the guy who already has his restomod Bronco & 'stang, and wants to complete the set.
That would be a win for once. I watched a Doug demuro video that hinted at the same prediction. The miles and price make me question my intelligence daily but I am taking the path of embracing it. So yesterday after completing the fuse 27 move my wife asked what were you doing in the garage? I responded, just working on my money pit. :)

OP
OP
slade8

slade8

Reaction score
"Cost vs Value", aka "smiles per mile".
That's where the Raptor shines. I don't recall giggling when I had a Honda Civic commuter car. Didn't shed a tear when I sold it. Can't remember what it sounded like, either. My daily driver 3.5 Ecoboost has a value to me whenever I need to haul trash, groceries, etc. But otherwise, I don't drive it around just to drive it, and the only parts I purchased for it are repair parts, not "Mods" or bright shiny things.
It was either this or a ZL1 camero. I have been involved in racing of cars and motorcycles throughout my life from driving, riding, managing, or crew chief. I have a 2wd titan that I still love driving as it's modified and set up for high speed street driving and is great for hauling Superbikes to willow springs etc. The state of our times, the desert at the end of my street, V8 raptor, the endless mods and builds available, countless youtube raptor videos, my kids smiling while in it, non use of my 2 seater utv, working on something to make it better is therapy to me, all our reasons why I blew a nut on this truck. Last week I got the freaking engine light for the purge valve and I just lol to myself saying yep great decision. I swapped it out same day so hopefully that's the end of that little issue. Covid has been kicking my ass for over 14 days now and it's driving me nuts. I have all this stuff I want to do but it's sitting in boxes in my garage because the fatigue is real! I really want to give this thing a fresh start asap.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was either this or a ZL1 camero. I have been involved in racing of cars and motorcycles throughout my life from driving, riding, managing, or crew chief. I have a 2wd titan that I still love driving as it's modified and set up for high speed street driving and is great for hauling Superbikes to willow springs etc. The state of our times, the desert at the end of my street, V8 raptor, the endless mods and builds available, countless youtube raptor videos, my kids smiling while in it, non use of my 2 seater utv, working on something to make it better is therapy to me, all our reasons why I blew a nut on this truck. Last week I got the freaking engine light for the purge valve and I just lol to myself saying yep great decision. I swapped it out same day so hopefully that's the end of that little issue. Covid has been kicking my ass for over 14 days now and it's driving me nuts. I have all this stuff I want to do but it's sitting in boxes in my garage because the fatigue is real! I really want to give this thing a fresh start asap.
just send me the parts. i will install them

on my truck

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
***** nice! Wow can't even say l- m - f ' a , o anymore on forums?
no. it stupid. shit passes here, but most other words dont. i just use long presses for certain letters and get the different language version of the letter. fúck. píss. bástard...... and so on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter