best mods to keep truck running forever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outofurgourd

Reaction score
Yo! Curious what the group thinks are the best aftermarket addons to keep truck running smooth forever?

Purchased a 2013 with 51K miles last year and now have 56K miles. I have done a lot of visual upgrades over this last year but want to focus more on the longevity/engine side now. This truck will be my forever truck so just curious what I need to buy / do (outside of standard mileage maintenance)

raptor.jpg

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on owning the BEST Raptor.....
Sure you will get lots of advice from members.....only thing I can think of off top of my head that I've read about is the Oil Pump gear going out,but if you dont ride it hard,that might not even be needed...I've thought of doing on my 2014 w/SC but dont really get down on it often..just once a day for my daily grin.:Big Laugh:
I did put in a JBL Catch Can few years ago,and it does take some nasty stuff out of oil...but as far as longevity to Engine...cant say,but figured if couldnt hurt and was a cheap/easy addition.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yo! Curious what the group thinks are the best aftermarket addons to keep truck running smooth forever?

Purchased a 2013 with 51K miles last year and now have 56K miles. I have done a lot of visual upgrades over this last year but want to focus more on the longevity/engine side now. This truck will be my forever truck so just curious what I need to buy / do (outside of standard mileage maintenance)

View attachment 441523
Jeez that thing is fuggin cherry.

Monkish1

Reaction score
Following the recommended maintenance schedule in the manual will get you the most life out of your Raptor.
I put 150K+ on one of my gen 1s by just doing this and this
Maintenance.

5k oil changes with synthetic oil. Spark plugs on the regular. Fluids. Bushings. Close to stock as possible. No forced induction. Etc...
6.2 motor should easily make it to 200K and beyond. My 2 cents.