Lane keep with towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robl3577

Reaction score
Found this little annoyance this weekend. When you have a trailer hooked up, the truck will no longer do the lane keep assist. This is on a 2023. It's not a big deal, but I have really come to enjoy the lane keep assist on the highway. Was really bummed to find that it didn't work with a trailer. I doubt I would use the feature while towing my 30' boat, but with my 6 foot utility trailer I don't see why not. Has anyone found a way around this? My other little utility trailer is about 30 years old and hasn't had lights for the last 29 years so I never noticed it before. Then again, I only use it around town during the day and its so small there is no way you can't see my truck tail lights.

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone towing anything should be the only one solely in control of the vehicle. I wouldn’t rely on tech to keep my trailer straight, regards of length. Crosswinds can move your truck, and the computer wouldn’t think anything of it and correct the truck which could in turn start fish tailing the trailer depending on how severe the correction is.

OP
OP
R

robl3577

Reaction score
and the computer wouldn’t think anything of it and correct the truck which could in turn start fish tailing the trailer depending on how severe the correction is.
And this is why you keep your hand on the wheel

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It still works on my R towing my boat. Did you do the trailer assignment feature?
Not sure if that matters, but I feel the feature is even more beneficial while towing.

R,
HAP

dthiss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that I would normally use it but I did try on my 22 once to see and it worked.