Is CarFax reputable & trustworthy.......or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carfax is *lead information only*, meaning it's a clue but not the gospel. IMO, it's a part of due diligence but not the entirety. Combine with a thorough inspection, talk to previous owners if possible on a used car, etc.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, and if you can not tell a spotted or blended respray or over spray then you really have no one to blame but yourself. My 2011 Raptor had a blended in respray on one door and I replaced the bumper. None of that ended up on the car fax report and nor would it since I fixed it or had it fixed myself.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carfax caused me to get screwed out of at least 7K on trade in on my Porsche. They had my car being in an airbag deployed crash in an area I have never been too. I had a no ADM deal on our 23 Gen 3 and didn’t want to lose the deal by taking the time to get the mistake corrected. The salesman bought my Porsche from the dealership, next time I went in they said they had gotten the crash removed. Didn’t give me 7K though. Carfax is a joke.