R for sale just under MSRP....Carfax shows total loss insurance claim, a roll over, and front end crash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bigft678

bigft678

Reaction score
Quote's from the dealer:

Q: How bad was the accident the R was in?
A: "Looks like moderate damage. It came from California which is my favorite state to get cars from. They will write off just about anything. I would love to send you a video walk around of the truck now."

Q: Do you have any pictures of the truck damaged?
A: "We very seldom get pictures of the damage. I can tell what areas of the truck were impacted but other than that they dont provide them."

Q: What Warranty are you guys offering for your work?
A: "Since the vehicle is the rebuilt title the manufactured warranty is voided and Utah is an as-is state so unfortunately there would be no warranty for this vehicle. Even Ford themselves don't offer any aftermarket warranties for this vehicle. What I can tell you is that we have been doing this for over 30 years and are the #1 rated independent dealership on Utah selling over 200 cars a month. We wouldn't be able to do that if we didn't do our process the correct way to make sure our vehicles are mechanically sound before we sell them"

Q: What was done to the on the vehicle while it was in mexico? Can you send the paperwork documenting the work done?
A: "My best guess is someone bought it here in the States and took it over to Mexico. It most likely had the accident in Mexico and it was sent back over to the US for the insurance claim. As for paperwork documenting the work done, we don't receive that. What we do is inspect every vehicle and make sure the work is up to our standards."

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quote's from the dealer:

Q: How bad was the accident the R was in?
A: "Looks like moderate damage. It came from California which is my favorite state to get cars from. They will write off just about anything. I would love to send you a video walk around of the truck now."

Q: Do you have any pictures of the truck damaged?
A: "We very seldom get pictures of the damage. I can tell what areas of the truck were impacted but other than that they dont provide them."

Q: What Warranty are you guys offering for your work?
A: "Since the vehicle is the rebuilt title the manufactured warranty is voided and Utah is an as-is state so unfortunately there would be no warranty for this vehicle. Even Ford themselves don't offer any aftermarket warranties for this vehicle. What I can tell you is that we have been doing this for over 30 years and are the #1 rated independent dealership on Utah selling over 200 cars a month. We wouldn't be able to do that if we didn't do our process the correct way to make sure our vehicles are mechanically sound before we sell them"

Q: What was done to the on the vehicle while it was in mexico? Can you send the paperwork documenting the work done?
A: "My best guess is someone bought it here in the States and took it over to Mexico. It most likely had the accident in Mexico and it was sent back over to the US for the insurance claim. As for paperwork documenting the work done, we don't receive that. What we do is inspect every vehicle and make sure the work is up to our standards."
You should send him pictures from this thread…and wait for a response.

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are so many vehicles being sold like this if not worse damage with clean titles. If it wasnt for the salvage title then it wouldnt be looked at so hard. I dont doubt the salesman. his job is to sell and he dont care about the history or warranty

only problem i got with this truck is the price. you can basically buy a new 23 at msrp or wait a few more months

Last edited:

Christian92

Reaction score
Exactly. If a salvage title vehicle loses it's value by about 40-60%, then the price should be at that, maybe a couple grand more for mark up. Putting it around 50K-60Kish on the high end. That's doable for what it is and the damage it has, but pricing it at over 100K is a no go for me. I can almost promise someone's going to buy it though regardless.

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem is someone bought it at auction for $65k with needing at least $20k in repairs! If they were selling it when they were selling for $150k then $110k seems like a deal. I dont agree bc its salvage its 40-60% less. Salvage just means an insurance company sold it at auction and dont want any liability

price drop $1500!!!

Last edited:

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are so many vehicles being sold like this if not worse damage with clean titles. If it wasnt for the salvage title then it wouldnt be looked at so hard. I dont doubt the salesman. his job is to sell and he dont care about the history or warranty

only problem i got with this truck is the price. you can basically buy a new 23 at msrp or wait a few more months

I would not buy a vehicle in this range\cost due to salvage title. If it were less, say $75K or so it might be tempting.

Plus, your cost assessment of the 23s at MSRP are a little off. It's been covered in another thread, you should read it.

A clean, low mileage 23R is in the $12Ok range.

Sam

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do sell for MSRP too. For me if i needed and had to have then 10% over would be the most i would spend. And for me knowing the 24 is "improved" and not the first year i would not pay over msrp for a 23

Last edited: