Keeps breaking!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I personally think the angle is too great. I have researched a lot of vehicles that run the rcv axles. All of them have the axle pretty much straight and no angle. Anyone who saw mine they were at a steep angle. They replaced the first set when I arrived in Detroit. A shop that does jeeps did it. They even said they run these exclusively. And had no idea why mine were spewing grease. In talking to rcv directly they said no there is no problem with top perch. Also when I got home the right axle outer orange boot was broken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk H

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1364694586.025276.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1364694586.025276.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 44
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1364694654.862291.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1364694654.862291.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 80

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some type of composite plastic I think. Very hard. Did not hit anything. Think it was the cold weather in Michigan. On Saturday leaving houghton it was about -5 I believe. When we pulled out of the hotel the truck was making a lot of groaning noise from the front axle area. Not even in 4x4. Did not notice the boot till I got home in daytona.
Check out their web site. Says they are designed for increased articulation and lift kits and long travel suspension

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I need to do something bout my rack, dealer claims excessive play in the rack and won't cover it due tiRPG tie rods.

As OP asked, are there any after market parts? Am I stuck with putting the same ford part in?

Try a different dealer. I got lucky and they replaced mine last week. The dealer called and got approved from Ford before doing it and told them about the aftermarket tie-rods.

Yukon Joe
Buffalo Run Support Raptor
RPG and WSI present The South Dakota Buffalo Run - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor

Interesting. Quality of the dealer makes a big difference. After being denied by the dealer here in Poway, I took it to Tuttle Click Ford in OC, across the street from RPG. (75 miles or so from Poway) Adam was my service writer, very professional, after inspecting the damage they are covering under warranty, also discovered a leak in the high pressure side PS that they also are replacing under warranty.

According to Adam, RPG designs and did things right with the Tie Rods, keeping the clevis end covered with original boot did not effect or increase damage to rack. These guys are Raptor enthusiasts, and understand customer service and I highly recommend them.

Here is new one
IMG_20130329_094739_197_zps52e81ef1.jpg

Here is old one
IMG_20130329_094652_883_zps61a0c594.jpg

Evidently my skid is pretty messed up, they had to remove cross member to get it out
IMG_20130329_094641_684_zpsce86cdc9.jpg

1ntheoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told the same thing.. But at top perch the angles exceeds RCV specs, if they tell you anything different they are full of shit!

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

On a related note, I spoke with RCV about putting their axles on my FX4. I noticed the part number for their standard F150 axles and Raptor axles was the same. They told me me that the axles would fit either, which isn't possible as the Raptor has a wider track width.

So, while they were nice and polite, they had no idea what they were talking about. I'd be willing to bet they don't have any idea what, "top perch" is.

By their reputation, I'm sure they make a good, solid product. Maybe they're just not up to speed on the Raptor/F150 platform yet.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Interesting. Quality of the dealer makes a big difference. After being denied by the dealer here in Poway, I took it to Tuttle Click Ford in OC, across the street from RPG. (75 miles or so from Poway) Adam was my service writer, very professional, after inspecting the damage they are covering under warranty, also discovered a leak in the high pressure side PS that they also are replacing under warranty.

According to Adam, RPG designs and did things right with the Tie Rods, keeping the clevis end covered with original boot did not effect or increase damage to rack. These guys are Raptor enthusiasts, and understand customer service and I highly recommend them.

Here is new one
IMG_20130329_094739_197_zps52e81ef1.jpg

Here is old one
IMG_20130329_094652_883_zps61a0c594.jpg

Evidently my skid is pretty messed up, they had to remove cross member to get it out
IMG_20130329_094641_684_zpsce86cdc9.jpg

Have you ever had Tuttle do an alignment on your truck?

OP
OP
Netix

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
Well im gonna have rcvs in a week or 2 so its gonna be up to rcv to keep fixing mine and send me updated axles when they figure out the kinks
Im just sick of snapping an axle a month. Its a pretty costly fix up here (500) for 1 axle.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn I thought those RCV's were going to be indestructible guys rave about them on the Bronco forum. Looks like that orange cup cracked open like a melon.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well im gonna have rcvs in a week or 2 so its gonna be up to rcv to keep fixing mine and send me updated axles when they figure out the kinks
Im just sick of snapping an axle a month. Its a pretty costly fix up here (500) for 1 axle.

Are you close to top perch?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD