Keeps breaking!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still would be nice to have furthermore upgrades other than steering tie rods, don't ya think? That is, as for as mechanical parts go other than suspension/bump kits

Jackemuphigh21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am no expert, but I would guess that the Tie-rod busted at the Clevis end. Thing is about the thickness of a kindergarten pencil. Good reason to go aftermarket.

Negative Ghost Rider.

Both tie rods were still intact and connected to the rack, however the driver side had a decent bit more rod sticking out from the rack when the pass side was still straight. Neither wheel will turn by moving the steering wheel anymore either.

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Negative Ghost Rider.

Both tie rods were still intact and connected to the rack, however the driver side had a decent bit more rod sticking out from the rack when the pass side was still straight. Neither wheel will turn by moving the steering wheel anymore either.

veeeeeeedy interesting.

Jackemuphigh21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stealership said no warranty and wants $1800 for repairs. They said the issue was caused by impact because the tie rod was bent and according to the service writer these parts are extremely strong and don't bend unless impacted. Too bad he has no ******* idea what hes talking about. I'm pretty sure that when in 4low our trucks generate more than enough torque to be able to bend one of these spaghetti noodles if you had sudden traction like i did. Trying to work some magic at another dealership now as the dealership in my town is an incredible joke and have the market absolutely in a choke hold for 40 miles or so.

OP
OP
Netix

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
lol i didnt even know this was in my own thread lmao

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

sudden trac will always snap your front or rear shafts. imagine your head is spinning and not going anywhere at 4k rpm and suddenly you get traction on a rock. how would your head feel???

OP
OP
Netix

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
well my steering box right now has been bad since march when i really wheeled it hard. It still works but i feel i broke a tooth or 2 in it since i get a big deadzone in steering to my right.
Whenever ill be in the u.s.a ill pick one up for 700. Instead 2000 in canada. And it's not hard to replace it yourself....

believe me about ford raptors and 4wd...... you have to be really gentle! never slam the gas and never 80% steer or more! PUtting extra suspension and engine power but keeping same 4wd as normal f150's.... go easy and avoid breakages lol. Ive been taking it easy on trails and mud pits never in 1st just going nuts on rutted mud fields now.... 2nd and 3rd, in 4hi no full lock and just not redlining it has really helped with the ammount of breakages. That's why I'm trying to fix my 4wd into a bulletproof one right now... RCV - new front housing- locker - maybe trying to do something with the transfer case, would love a atlas but they dont make for raptors, i guess its custom work. I like the old school 2 lever.... 1 Front or Rear 2 4, 4lo ect. and manual locking hubs would be a god send right now.

Jackemuphigh21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went by the dealership to take a look in the daylight of the damage.

The tie rods are both still straight. The problem is there is about 6-8 inches of the splined internal shaft still attached to the tie rod and tore a hole in the boot. Either the technician was in a hurry and didn't really look or the guy is a complete moron because the "bent tie rod" is actually the inner clevis still attached to the internal shaft and yes it forms a bend but it is at a joint not in the solid part. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372271695.573605.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1372271710.623306.jpg

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is a bad rack, i would bet money, if you took that boot off the end of the rack is snapped..

2012 and up with torsens generate stupid amounts of torque to the front wheels.. The stock IWE, cv joints, steering can not handle the shock loads produced by the torsen..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)