Keeps breaking!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
Broke my 2nd steering rack. Pain in the ass and bent my front left cv shaft. This time around i need a gear asy.
Any supermarket parts for these or does the rsv axle solve the problem?

Sent from my SGH-I717R using Tapatalk 2

Fozzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what are you hitting or doing to brake the rack? Is it one type of impact that breaks it? I have been surprised there are not more broken racks. I have a SXS and the racks break all the time unless you upgrade to GearOne.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have suspicion it has to do with top perch, hard offroading, and 2012 torsen.. I am throwing this out there to see if it sticks. My reason for thinking this is becuase 012bluesvt has broken his steering rack with stage 4+ kit, I have destroyed a cv joint and torn steering boots on both sides, and Netix is on top perch. I am wondering if they have changed something in the design of powersteering rack on 2012, and or the addition of the torsen.. There are many people on top perch and have not had this type of damage on eariler year raptors. when the 2012 came out is when ford issues the statement that the front suspension is not adjustable. Is this because the torsen adds that much more stress on the front suspension, and lifting to top perch causes damage?

Chrisandalex1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have suspicion it has to do with top perch, hard offroading, and 2012 torsen.. I am throwing this out there to see if it sticks. My reason for thinking this is becuase 012bluesvt has broken his steering rack with stage 4+ kit, I have destroyed a cv joint and torn steering boots on both sides, and Netix is on top perch. I am wondering if they have changed something in the design of powersteering rack on 2012, and or the addition of the torsen.. There are many people on top perch and have not had this type of damage on eariler year raptors. when the 2012 came out is when ford issues the statement that the front suspension is not adjustable. Is this because the torsen adds that much more stress on the front suspension, and lifting to top perch causes damage?

This is why I had RCV engineer the Axles for sure. I don't remember the exact numbers, but Michael Holzinger, the chief axle engineer for SVT, said there was huge additional amounts of stress on the front axles with a LSD. I mean it was crazy numbers he quoted us. And then he figured it out with the additional HP we have with the supercharger, and it was unbelievable.

Well, we go break it, and then we make something stronger to replace it, and we break something else. Oh well, the fun never stops.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
exactly! since I push my truck hard, the RCV axles has always been on my wishlist.. Now that I have the sho taurus front wheel clicky clack in 4wd, it is time to upgrade..