Going Stage 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe all of the kits out there right now are shipped ready to bolt on, and pre-charged (I know Outlaw for sure, I'm assuming the others too).

OP
OP
Pynenut

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah RPG it is. Took a look at the bumps stops offered by Outlaw but prefer the RPG right now. Down the road, I will be adding some King shocks and coilovers, UCA's. Waiting on a quote from a couple vendors. LetS do this!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk and a budweiser can

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
A 2" bump is more than enough on these trucks... you WANT to use as much stroke on the stop as possible. If the bump is too large, you may only get partial travel out of it, due to the increased resistance, sending forces once again into the frame support and frame itself. Bigger does NOT automatically equal better, at least not in this case. Ideal sizing would be a bump that "just" hits the 90%-100% use of travel on your super hard high-impact hits.

I dont' want to start a pissing match... but the Outlaw kit is the only kit that I haven't seen bent or twisted up yet, from the ones I've seen in person. (Haven't seen the ADD kit in person, it's like a unicorn or Bigfoot! Looks good though...)

STOP IT Matt your gettin me all horney with this "as much stroke on the stop as possible"

And "Super hard impacts"

Might have to "detour to a Ranch"

It's that old Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge arguement again:893karatesmiley-thu:emotions122::emotions122:

As far as rear springs YES National Springs ELIMINATED my wheel hop ! I went with Nationals due to product loyality. I have had 4 National springs on my old truck for 15 years WITH NO PROBLEMS !
Same Loyality for Race radio and safety gear, PCI in signal hill, Ca get's my business for the Countless YEARS theuy have supported Off Road Racers.

Last edited:

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here is why we prefer the Fox 2.5" bump stop.

1. By utilizing the larger piston inside, we have far better tuning option because of the greater piston surface. This larger piston allows us to run better valving setups for a 6000 pound truck like a Raptor. It allows us more flexibility with psi levels and really opens up the entire tuning spectrum for proper setup.

2. Because the bump isn't over valved to compensate for the weight of the Raptor, you will have lower temps resulting in longer life and less time between rebuilds, plus less fade over the longer pre-runs.

3. Performance, watch how nice the bump is set up and working. Rebound is fast and sharp resulting in less double bump through tight whoop sections and compression is powerful and consistent. The key to a good working suspension is to let the shock do it's thing and only have the bump encage when needed. You don't want your bump doing the work of the shock, you just want it assisting at the end of compression travel. This video shows what I mean. This is between speeds of 60-85mph over a very rough section.
RPG Testing - YouTube

4. Shaft travel. With the 2.5" bump we are able to run a shorter shaft resulting in fewer impacts with the strike pad for less noise around town, and less engagement when off-roading.

Trust me when I say it would have been much more cost effective for us to run a 2.0" vs a 2.5". The 2.5" bump retails for over $350 vs $160. However, because of the reasons mentioned above, we still opted for the bigger, more capable package and wouldn't have it any other way.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I honestly love my Stage 2 kit. Since we're talking about the bumps mostly, I figure I'm good to chime in.

After I got mine installed I purposely went out and found a trail with a "frame-bender" G-out on it and hit it hard enough to donkey kick the rear end a few times. Where before the truck would slam onto the factory bumps and then violently kick into the air, with the RPG kit it wasn't a harsh impact, and although the back end of the truck kicked up, it felt very smooth and controlled.

As far as the durability of the kit. When you get it and hold the pieces yourself, I think that any question on that front will go right out the window. I know it did for me.

dmarriott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the chance over last 2 months to thrash on RPG bump stop system. Fire roads at 50mph and Oceano Dunes at 75mph with 4 + feet of air and i can attest to the quality of their bump stops. They are a great bunch of guys as well & look at the frame supports that are part of the system as well. 2 1/2 bumps like the Trophy trucks run!!!!

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I honestly love my Stage 2 kit. Since we're talking about the bumps mostly, I figure I'm good to chime in.

After I got mine installed I purposely went out and found a trail with a "frame-bender" G-out on it and hit it hard enough to donkey kick the rear end a few times. Where before the truck would slam onto the factory bumps and then violently kick into the air, with the RPG kit it wasn't a harsh impact, and although the back end of the truck kicked up, it felt very smooth and controlled.

As far as the durability of the kit. When you get it and hold the pieces yourself, I think that any question on that front will go right out the window. I know it did for me.

And you are a good test candidate. I think your truck was on the honor role of frame bending when we put it on.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
And you are a good test candidate. I think your truck was on the honor role of frame bending when we put it on.

Haha, when I play...I don't play:laughing1:

Going to send you a PM here in a few mins also.

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah RPG it is. Took a look at the bumps stops offered by Outlaw but prefer the RPG right now. Down the road, I will be adding some King shocks and coilovers, UCA's. Waiting on a quote from a couple vendors. LetS do this!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk and a budweiser can

Shipping info should be to you shortly...