Detuning Whipple stage 1 kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DatGuy14

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a Gen 3 but it has the Whipple stage 1 kit that I don’t really want, but everything else looks great and the price is right. I’m fine with keeping the CAI and upgraded intercooler but I’d rather remove the ECU flash, at least until the factory warranty is up and then I’d prob get a custom map done.

anyone think I’d run into issues running the factory tune with a CAI and upgraded IC? I don’t think so but I figured id check with the ‘experts’ lol

Last edited:

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just keep the tune---It can be found if ford really digs in, regardless if you take it off!! If its professionally installed tuned to your truck just enjoy it!!

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius with Whipple Stage 1.

Running it as it sits is fine. It will prove a challenge to return the flash to stock without the handheld.

If the truck is the right price, options and mileage do the deal. The flash is a conservative tune.

OP
OP
D

DatGuy14

Reaction score
The reason why is because I don’t trust other people’s work. The world is full of internet geniuses that think they too can reconfigure an ECU, only to create a slow ticking time-bomb.

And theres not a lot of info about the Whipple tune out there, at least not compared to the others, so I was thinking about running it on the stock tune.

I'm going to see it tomorrow, I’ll post pics then.

OP
OP
D

DatGuy14

Reaction score
welp, i bought the Prius but the gas mileage seems a bit off and the exhaust is surprisingly loud:confused: .... Guess we'll just run it as it is

Drove it 280~ miles home last night, the Whipple tune doesn't feel much different from stock Raptors I've driven

2022, 19k miles, 801A, 37PP, RPG leveling collars, Whipple Stage 1 installed ... I'll get some better pics later20231220_135340.jpg