Going Stage 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is the first mod everyone should do imo. It's just that awesome. But then I'm a suspension 1st kinda guy (function over form because the Raptor looks great to begin with). You will wonder why you didn't do it sooner!

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Love the stage three. You'll hear the bumps hitting more often than you hear the stockers hit. But, that's just them doing their thing. Wait until you feel how soft and road-gripping the rear will be. You'll want to change the front almost immediately. :)

OP
OP
Pynenut

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm glad I waited and got my first 3,000 miles on the truck so I will know the difference when I switch them out.

So, my only question now is what about Deaver's and other bump stop kits? Is the RPG rated higher or are there pro's and con's of one against the other?

ADDCJ

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We offer a 2.5 kit as well but we use Kings. We also have a complete rear kit including bump stop kit, frame gussets, leaf springs, shackles, and shocks. Or step up to our bedcage, and 16" Kings through the bed :Whoa:

ford-raptor-tire-rack.jpg

Last edited:

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One main difference is RPG's bumps are the FOX 2.5" instead of 2" like their competitors...
A 2" bump is more than enough on these trucks... you WANT to use as much stroke on the stop as possible. If the bump is too large, you may only get partial travel out of it, due to the increased resistance, sending forces once again into the frame support and frame itself. Bigger does NOT automatically equal better, at least not in this case. Ideal sizing would be a bump that "just" hits the 90%-100% use of travel on your super hard high-impact hits.

I dont' want to start a pissing match... but the Outlaw kit is the only kit that I haven't seen bent or twisted up yet, from the ones I've seen in person. (Haven't seen the ADD kit in person, it's like a unicorn or Bigfoot! Looks good though...)

OP
OP
Pynenut

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, so we are talking about diameter here right? 2" vs 2.5". The only other kit I am seeing is the one from SDHQ. I will look into what Outlaw is offering. I mentioned it to Conner on the Barstow to Vegas run but didn't get an exact answer as to what they offer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk and a budweiser can

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, so we are talking about diameter here right? 2" vs 2.5". The only other kit I am seeing is the one from SDHQ. I will look into what Outlaw is offering. I mentioned it to Conner on the Barstow to Vegas run but didn't get an exact answer as to what they offer.

Referring to the piston diameter of the bump stop itself. Most surface area = more resistance. That, combined with the pressure you charge it with (with nitrogen) effects how much travel you will be using.

OP
OP
Pynenut

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes sense. Do you know if the kits are shipped with attachments for filling with nitrogen or if they come pre-filled and at what pressure? I think I am getting a better idea of how these are designed to work and what is available so I can make the right choice.