Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, now that's just wrong. I was about to change mine to allow the changes while moving tweak but I'm not doing it if my truck is going to end up european as a result. Oh hell no!

I did not know that that code change had that side effect. I wonder why Livin didn't mention that ;-}

S.

So before I responded to this I wanted to verify it for myself. I'm using Sync 3 v3.0 and I do have country code set different so that I can do navigation in motion. I checked on Sirius Travel Link gas prices & weather and on my display they're in in U.S. dollars and weather is in Fahrenheit. The only difference I've noticed is the little speed limit sign on Navigation isn't the normal looking U.S. speed limit sign, it looks European but the correct mph speed still displays.

9fvez8.jpg
besy9l.jpg

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Livnitup, Really great work my man!

If you can find a way to override the cameras while moving, i'll setup and begin funding a GoFundMe Page in your honor :)

Good idea. In fact, Liv has done so much already I am willing to start it now.

Liv, do you have a paypal where we can send you thank you donations? I know you don't do it for money, but think of it like us buying you a virtual drink :)

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good idea. In fact, Liv has done so much already I am willing to start it now.

Liv, do you have a paypal where we can send you thank you donations? I know you don't do it for money, but think of it like us buying you a virtual drink :)

I appreciate the offer but I've refused every virtual drink offered up to me over the last 1.5+ years. This is a hobby to me and hearing the success stories is enough thanks. :favorites13:

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for you guys: Do all Raptors have the 8" cluster screen or is that on the 802A only? Asking because I program (mileage correction, engine hours, engine idle hours, VIN coding) 8" clusters for guys with XL/XLTs who want to upgrade to the bigger screen.

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for you guys: Do all Raptors have the 8" cluster screen or is that on the 802A only? Asking because I program (mileage correction, engine hours, engine idle hours, VIN coding) 8" clusters for guys with XL/XLTs who want to upgrade to the bigger screen.

Only 802a. Base models are then same as a base xlt

AvoidTheBoyd

Reaction score
So before I responded to this I wanted to verify it for myself. I'm using Sync 3 v3.0 and I do have country code set different so that I can do navigation in motion. I checked on Sirius Travel Link gas prices & weather and on my display they're in in U.S. dollars and weather is in Fahrenheit. The only difference I've noticed is the little speed limit sign on Navigation isn't the normal looking U.S. speed limit sign, it looks European but the correct mph speed still displays.

Where can you see the country code has been changed? I have done the "nav in motion" change and my v3 looks the same as yours. All US units and I can't see anything amiss. And BTW, recommendation to do a factory reset seems spot-on. It fixed the random messages I was getting and my Android Auto seems to be working better. Thanks Livnitup! Again!

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where can you see the country code has been changed? I have done the "nav in motion" change and my v3 looks the same as yours. All US units and I can't see anything amiss. And BTW, recommendation to do a factory reset seems spot-on. It fixed the random messages I was getting and my Android Auto seems to be working better. Thanks Livnitup! Again!

Here's the only difference I've noticed on Sync 3 v3.0 is the speed limit sign. With the country code changed to allow NAV in motion it changes to a Euro look:
5bpdzb.jpg

Here's what it looks like with country code left as U.S. where NAV in motion is restricted:
n3rsq8.jpg

Dither

Reaction score
can anyone confirm the disable start/stop works on the 2017? If so I will be putting my order in for gear now! I cant stand it anymore! And yes I know there is other hacks. I just dont want to mess with a button and or unplug my wiring for towing

AvoidTheBoyd

Reaction score
can anyone confirm the disable start/stop works on the 2017? If so I will be putting my order in for gear now! I cant stand it anymore! And yes I know there is other hacks. I just dont want to mess with a button and or unplug my wiring for towing

Yes, there are multiple ways to do it in Forscan and it works great. No issues with mine in 5000 or so miles since I've done it.