GEN 2 Headlight and bed light issue after Forscan changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you have a battery charger on the truck while performing the programming? It’s critical that voltage remains stable. It sounds like the BCM cal may have become corrupt.
That sounds about right. When I had BCM issues with my 2013 my passenger side taillight was lit up brighter than normal and it wouldn't go out until I disconnected the battery. As soon as I'd reconnect the battery the p.s. taillight was back on.

OP
OP
MeFryRice

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the feedback.
I haven’t driven the truck any the last few days but today I was able to identify the headlight issue is a DRL problem. Like a couple of you have already mentioned, it looks like it’s related to the BCM so I’ll upload the software again and go from there.

Someone asked if I had a battery charger hooked up at the time. The answer is no. Stupid move on my part. I wasn’t thinking about it at the time but I’ll have it connected this next go around.

I’ll report back once I’m able to work on the truck this week.

OP
OP
MeFryRice

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick update for you all.

I neglected to mention that I purchased one of the new MacBook Air with the M1 chip. I only bought a laptop to run the Forscan app and to use it for the Hondata for my S2000. After waiting 3 weeks for the laptop to arrive, I quickly learned the M1 chip does not support BootCamp or Parallels yet. Fantastic. I'm having to borrow a co-workers laptop so I can do all of this.

Anyways, I messed around with Forscan tonight. I made sure to have a battery charger connected this time. I first started by "write all" using the same codes to see if that would correct the issue. It did not. I could not find the original file I saved for the BCM on the laptop (I could find all of the others that I had saved) so I took a chance and selected "Load Original AB" (I'm pretty sure that was the button). After it went through the process, I tested everything out and all of the lightning issues appear to be fixed. All I can say is, I'm lucky so far. This whole time, I was prepping myself that I was going to be spending $$ on a new BCM.

Thanks for the help. I'll report back if I notice anything funky tomorrow on my way to work.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Quick update for you all.

I neglected to mention that I purchased one of the new MacBook Air with the M1 chip. I only bought a laptop to run the Forscan app and to use it for the Hondata for my S2000. After waiting 3 weeks for the laptop to arrive, I quickly learned the M1 chip does not support BootCamp or Parallels yet. Fantastic. I'm having to borrow a co-workers laptop so I can do all of this.

Anyways, I messed around with Forscan tonight. I made sure to have a battery charger connected this time. I first started by "write all" using the same codes to see if that would correct the issue. It did not. I could not find the original file I saved for the BCM on the laptop (I could find all of the others that I had saved) so I took a chance and selected "Load Original AB" (I'm pretty sure that was the button). After it went through the process, I tested everything out and all of the lightning issues appear to be fixed. All I can say is, I'm lucky so far. This whole time, I was prepping myself that I was going to be spending $$ on a new BCM.

Thanks for the help. I'll report back if I notice anything funky tomorrow on my way to work.

I know a lot of folks love Apple, me not so much and here is just another reason.

OP
OP
MeFryRice

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of folks love Apple, me not so much and here is just another reason.

I got sucked into Apple’s Ecosystem early on in life. My dad was a sales rep for Apple back when the Macintosh II was released. That was our first family computer. My family has been using Apple products ever since. I have nothing against Android devices, it would just cost too much to switch everything at this point.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I got sucked into Apple’s Ecosystem early on in life. My dad was a sales rep for Apple back when the Macintosh II was released. That was our first family computer. My family has been using Apple products ever since. I have nothing against Android devices, it would just cost too much to switch everything at this point.

The -only- non work windows appliance in our house is a Forscan laptop (because my inexpensive 16gb tablet got “lost” in our move). Somethings the Apple stuff does better. Somethings they don’t. Ditto M/S. and so on.

ameration

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ran into the similar issue with the headlights on my 2018 tonight when I added the power window and reinstalled the auto fold/Lincoln mirrors via ForScan (the dealership had to reprogram mirrors due to an issue with them which set them back to stock).

I have the battery on a charger right now (did not while doing the Forscan). Hoping that resolves it - otherwise I’ll be going back to stock and then starting over again from what it looks like above.

ameration

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All resolved - I changed back to stock for the BCM values and then reprogrammed the changes back in. Working as supposed to now.