Stealership lost a clip and a handful of bolts after fixing an oil leak..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took my truck in for an oil leak right behind the skid plate. I have an ESP so I wasn't sweating it, dropped the truck off and they said it would be a week or so before they could get it back to me, which is fine because I've got a few work trucks I can daily until the raptor is up and running again.

Three and a half weeks later I head in to pick up the truck. There's a blizzard outside so I don't bother inspecting it before leaving the dealership. Get home park the truck and it sat for a day. Go to look in the bed for something and the plate that sits behind the skid plate is in the bed on a piece of cardboard with a handful of bolts in it.

I have no issues putting this plate back on myself and it's way less headache than dropping it back off at the stealership, so I get after it. What do I find? One of the clips on the frame where this plate bolts into is gone. Either fell off on the drive home or the tech knocked it into the frame hole. A handful of bolts are missing from the fire protection. A handful of bolts look to be missing from various other spots, including a bracket holding a few lines. They even left the nut on the bolt in front of the bracket...

Going to call tomorrow and probably drop the truck back off and see WTF is going on. Their invoice says they did an oil change and changed the filter as well, but if they can't even put a few bolts back on properly who knows?
I know there are a few good former and current Ford employees on here who get "miffed" when I post "$tealership" and use other "derogatory" statements regarding said $TEAERSHIPS. But unfortunately its NOT squeaky wheel syndrome these days.

Swear to god I feel downright comfortable going in for general anesthesia, having my bones sawed on, face reconstructed, knees replaced, other artificial joints, and Doc telling me to cross my fingers there's no cancer. Sleep like a baby and go home in a good mood (without narcotics). Versus what is SUPPOSED to be a couple hours at the $tealership for simple procedures that may turn into oblivion usually caused my "baby boi" who knows only how to use an impact to drive a 10mm bolt to hell and back... so the "advisor" can attempt to charge you for it... IF "Boi" even remembers TO put it back. MAXIMUM anxiety!!! Unless its electronic, I just do it myself!

Sorry, ignore me. Only topic hotter than this for me is "politics" if you can even call it that these days. Damn sure can't call it sanity.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the three threaded holes just above the two nuts in the 2nd picture are for? Not even sure if those are missing or were never there in the first place.
Don't know off the top of my head. But if someone else doesn't chime in, those GOOD folks are here.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I head in to pick up the truck. There's a blizzard outside so I don't bother inspecting it before leaving the dealership.
I mean... I know I don’t need to broken record this for you but for the benefit of others so they don’t suffer the same fate as you - and me, more than once I’m ashamed to admit

NEVER. EVER. Pick up your vehicle from service as the last act of the day in the service department OR late in the afternoon, or after work if you cannot put 15 minutes in to inspect the workmanship and make sure nothing’s missing, out of spec, done wrong, etc. It’s happened to me thrice, 2x with the Rap, once with a previous vehicle. Just pick it up the next day, so that IF something isn’t right, they fix it. “What’s that, you’re booked solid? Well allow me to retort. You had my truck for 3 weeks and I find parts not assembled, laying in the bed of my truck. Fix it now, and do a multi-point inspection because I don’t want to find out the hard way on the way to WORK that you forgot to tighten some critical hose or fitting and I’m leaking fluid all over the place. Hurry up, I got places to be, things to do. Oh, and nobody else in line here gets their stuff looked at until mine is finished."

I’d be disappointed for sure.

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up my prius from a shop and the door was all scratched up. went back inside to have them see it. no no no way we did that. i said the car had no scratches or dents when i dropped it off. the mechanic comes out to tell me the same thing. then he offers to show me it was impossible he did it. i watched him drive it in and when getting out scratched and ding it up more. took the car and never went back. trying to get them to pay would have been a complete waste of time

i recently suffered an inspection failure last year that i didnt figure out till later.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I picked up my prius from a shop and the door was all scratched up. went back inside to have them see it. no no no way we did that. i said the car had no scratches or dents when i dropped it off. the mechanic comes out to tell me the same thing. then he offers to show me it was impossible he did it. i watched him drive it in and when getting out scratched and ding it up more. took the car and never went back. trying to get them to pay would have been a complete waste of time

i recently suffered an inspection failure last year that i didnt figure out till later.
Did y'all rub peckers and make up?

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the three threaded holes just above the two nuts in the 2nd picture are for? Not even sure if those are missing or were never there in the first place.

those arent missing as they were never there..

also theres a couple other pics that im pretty sure come empty, like in the one into the trans by that heat shield.

im not sure how those shields attach, might be plastic clips..

sorry that youre going thru this, and you'd think the dealership thats charging $150-$200/hr would be a little better than this, but its always miscommunication...

oh sorry we thought it was done but the tech is off today..