forscan \ Glarefree headlight question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

offcamber

Reaction score
I decided to try to enable the glarefree headlights on my 2022 Raptor. Using the below settings which I believe I found on this forum, I first backed up each module and made the changes going down the list until I got to HCM 734-01-04 and the D1 setting through me since it was only the 2 digits and it did not have xx's around it, so I decided, better safe than sorry. I went back and then loaded my backup of each module, then wrote all to restore it to the original config, being sure to turn the truck off and open and close the door between each section. As far as I can tell all settings that I changed are back to how they were in forscan before I changed anything...However, when I look at Lighting in vehicle settings. The Glare free toggle is there instead of adaptive headlights. Can someone explain what could be going on. Aside from Bambi mode a couple of weeks ago those are the only settings I've changed. Thanks in advance!

glarefree.png

Below are my settings:

ipma.PNG

hcm.PNG

Attachments

• ipc.PNG
    ipc.PNG
    442.9 KB · Views: 8
  • sccm.PNG
    sccm.PNG
    429.6 KB · Views: 8

flockofraptors

Reaction score
Is your question that you're trying to revert to stock, i.e., adaptive in settings, but 'glare free' still shows in settings even after reverting all changes?

Not sure why that's happening.

If you want to move forward with glare free, the correct entries are below especially the 'D1' line:

APIM 7D0-09-01 x1xx xxxx xx--
APIM 7D0-09-03 xxCx xxxx xx—

Reset APIM after these two changes before making remaining changes

IPMA 706-01-01 xxxx xxx9 xx--
SCCM 724-04-01 xxx4 xxxx xx--
IPC 720-01-01 xx8x xxxx xx--
IPC 720-10-01 xxxx xxx3 xx--
HCM 734-01-01 xxxx xx01 xx--
HCM 734-01-02 x3xx xxxx xx--
HCM 734-01-04 xx56 D1--

OP
OP
O

offcamber

Reaction score
I guess it just needed time. When I started the truck up a bit ago, it had reverted back to Auto High Beams

OP
OP
O

offcamber

Reaction score
Is your question that you're trying to revert to stock, i.e., adaptive in settings, but 'glare free' still shows in settings even after reverting all changes?

If you want to move forward with glare free, the correct entries are below especially the 'D1' line:

HCM 734-01-04 xx56 D1--
Thanks for that. I got it working tonight. Definitely an amazing upgrade.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score

HCM 734-01-04 xx56 D1--
Out of curiosity, what happens if you do the APIM stuff second? I went through in order then realized I made a typo on one of the APIM codes. Changed it without reverting back, so essentially out of order, and all seems well.

flockofraptors

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what happens if you do the APIM stuff second? I went through in order then realized I made a typo on one of the APIM codes. Changed it without reverting back, so essentially out of order, and all seems well.
If you're getting the "green A" icon and if it seems to be working (test it at night on an isolated road), then maybe it's all good.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're getting the "green A" icon and if it seems to be working (test it at night on an isolated road), then maybe it's all good.
Menu item is there as it should be, green A is there, appears to be working as it should on a dark road, and no error messages. I take it there isn’t some little issue if it’s not done right it just straight up wouldn’t be working?

Also does anyone know if it’s possible to decrease the speed threshold for the brights to come on? I’ve looked a little and can’t find anything. Sure would be nice though.

brysgarage

Reaction score
In Forscan when you use the SCCM configurator to enable glare free (instead of AS BUILT, all other modules programmed using AS BUILT), it places a “3” instead of a “4” in the 724-04-01 line. When using a “3” I noticed I now get the blue highbeam symbol when the high beams are active which was not present when using the “4”. Additionally when using the “4” I would get DTC’s in the IPM modules. Those are gone now with the “3”. Does anybody have any idea what the difference between the 3 and 4 is?

Thanks!

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In Forscan when you use the SCCM configurator to enable glare free (instead of AS BUILT, all other modules programmed using AS BUILT), it places a “3” instead of a “4” in the 724-04-01 line. When using a “3” I noticed I now get the blue highbeam symbol when the high beams are active which was not present when using the “4”. Additionally when using the “4” I would get DTC’s in the IPM modules. Those are gone now with the “3”. Does anybody have any idea what the difference between the 3 and 4 is?

Thanks!
Sounds like you answered your own question…3 gives you the “blue high beam” symbol (regular auto high beams) whereas 4 give you the “green high beam” symbol (glare free).

Just ensure you have a 4 in the correct spot as outlined in post #1 and you’ll be fine. Erase the DTCs & cycle the engine. Did you remember to reset the APIM?