forscan \ Glarefree headlight question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Assuming I could also test this out though I have no fog lights on my switch, but it still is functional on/off.

Copp5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ‘23 R does this exact same thing with AG enabled and fogs on.

My previous ‘22 Raptor did not do this with fogs on, which seems weird to me.

Granted, I have not enabled ‘Bambi mode’ on my R, but it seems you have and it hasn’t changed anything. Wonder what’s different on the R’s vs the other Gen 3s?
I shut bambi mode off on mine and they work as intended, shuts fogs (the ones on headlight switch) on and off as the lights ramp up. But I can run the aux 1 fog lights with no issue. So I ordered a harness from @Specialtyperformanceparts to put all 4 fogs on the aux 1 switch, Thinking I should be able to get it all to work that way. Don't want to give up the AG much better feature, especially on the rural roads.

GT4ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I shut bambi mode off on mine and they work as intended, shuts fogs (the ones on headlight switch) on and off as the lights ramp up. But I can run the aux 1 fog lights with no issue. So I ordered a harness from @Specialtyperformanceparts to put all 4 fogs on the aux 1 switch, Thinking I should be able to get it all to work that way. Don't want to give up the AG much better feature, especially on the rural roads.
So turning Bambi mode off has the headlights gradually turning on and off again as they should (while turning off the main headlight switch fogs)? I do not have Bambi mode enabled and am encountering a more abrupt on/off of my high beams rather than the gradual on/off.

Copp5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So turning Bambi mode off has the headlights gradually turning on and off again as they should (while turning off the main headlight switch fogs)? I do not have Bambi mode enabled and am encountering a more abrupt on/off of my high beams rather than the gradual on/off.
My first go around with it I had bambi mode activated from the start. I wanted to be able to run all fogs and AG at the same time, but I noticed with bambi mode it then made the AG system act up like in the 2 videos I posted. This is my first go around with forscan so I might not be the most helpful, but this is what I experienced

Bambi mode ON-
w/ fogs ON = abrupt change, w/ fogs OFF = gradual change.

Bambi mode OFF-
AG automatically kills the HS fogs as the lights ramp up , but I can run the aux 1 fogs full time without issue.

It seems something about the system doesn't like the fogs on the HS (at least with mine).

double and triple check values, make sure you RESET the APIM after changes.

GT4ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first go around with it I had bambi mode activated from the start. I wanted to be able to run all fogs and AG at the same time, but I noticed with bambi mode it then made the AG system act up like in the 2 videos I posted. This is my first go around with forscan so I might not be the most helpful, but this is what I experienced

Bambi mode ON-
w/ fogs ON = abrupt change, w/ fogs OFF = gradual change.

Bambi mode OFF-
AG automatically kills the HS fogs as the lights ramp up , but I can run the aux 1 fogs full time without issue.

It seems something about the system doesn't like the fogs on the HS (at least with mine).

double and triple check values, make sure you RESET the APIM after changes.
I misspoke, I did have Bambi mode enabled - disabling it gave me the results you’re seeing as well.

Must’ve been falling asleep while coding in my mods the other week.